October 30, 2012

Brother Dear

Okay, it seems that we have finally hammered out the visit with my brother. You see, the most difficult part was trying to figure out was how the hell to get him up here that Friday. Unfortunately it's not my half day Friday. But he really wanted to be here Friday night. No big deal really. I don't mind having him here all weekend and neither does Master. It was just how to get him up here.

Master and I only have the one car. And I use that car to go back and forth to work. Well, if we waited for me to get out of work and drop off the other person in the carpool before swinging around and picking my brother up I wouldn't be getting to him until at least 6:30pm and then have a 40 minute trip back home. That's a long damn day. It's not really a big deal but my brother was hoping to get here earlier and I don't blame him because honestly I don't want to just be getting home around 7:15pm or so. That would suck ass.

My brother can't drive his car up here for a couple of reasons. First, he can't park on the street because we just had that seasonal start of needing a sticker to park on the street and I don't want him getting a ticket. I had already looked into it and you can't just buy a "day pass". There is no sense in him buying a full month sticker either. He can't park in our parking lot because it's residents only and they are sticklers about that around here.

So the next thought was to have our mom bring him up while I was at work. That's not going to work either though because my mom hurt her back and can't be in a car that long.

After that came the idea of having Master take myself and the other person in the carpool to work. Then he would go home for a bit before driving down to pick up my brother and then pick us up at work, drop the other guy off and finally get home. Master had absolutely no problem with that but I kind of did just simply due to the gas money involved. You're talking a 45 minute drive to work, then one back home. After that a 40 minute drive to my home town and back. Then another 45 minute drive to pick us up and then back again. That is a lot of gas and wear and tear on the vehicle.

So after thinking all of that through I decided it would just be easier to have the person in my carpool find a different way home that night (he's fine with it) and for me to leave work a couple of hours early. Yes, that's a couple hours off the paycheck but honestly those two hours I think is less than what I would spend in gas after all that. Up side? I get out of work early that day, which is awesome.

I e-mailed my brother about it tonight and I'm sure he'll be fine with it. If not, well there really isn't another option. *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment