July 31, 2012

Collar -vs- Ring

There was a thread that I've been reading, well actually two of them, asking which is more important, your collar or your wedding ring. They also touched on if the dynamic or the fact that you were married is more important to you.

I responded, of course, as did Master.

Basically we both said the same thing. We do not separate the two. We were in this dynamic long before we got married. So I was already His slave when I became His wife.

A lot of people said their dynamic was more important because marriage is "vanilla". I don't know when that had to be vanilla, but okay.

To me there is no need to separate the two. You can have one without the other, obviously, but when you have both with the same person at the same time why does it have to be two different things? Why can't it all be rolled into one?

Master and I naturally interact with Him having final say unless it deals with His health. It's just how we are and really always have been.

I'm not saying that if we decided to drop the dynamic that we would get a divorce, but I would say that if we got divorced we wouldn't have the dynamic obviously because if we got a divorce the entire relationship would be over.

Plus, Master and I refer to our marriage license as ownership papers. I am legally His and yes He is legally mine. Plus, isn't it an ultimate form of ownership if you take on your Master's last name? At least that's how I see it if you're in that kind of dynamic where the Husband is the one who is the dominant one.

I do fully admit though that my wedding ring is more important to me than any possible symbol of His ownership such as a collar or a cuff or anklet. Why? Well, the collar or cuff, etc., only symbolizes one aspect of our relationship. My wedding ring, to me, symbolizes all of it.

3 comments:

  1. lovely blog i am in total agreement with you on this one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful post :o)
    I agree with your point...the wedding ring symbolizes it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! It's always nice to know that I'm not the only one that thinks that way.. lol

    ReplyDelete