July 18, 2012

Um.... Thank you?

Lately when we've been outside sitting with neighbors Master and I have been getting a lot of compliments that we're not really sure how to handle. It doesn't make us uncomfortable or anything like that, we're just not sure what the appropriate response is. We normally just say thank you but aside from that... No idea. You're probably staring at the screen right now wondering what the fuck I'm talking about. Right? Yeah, I thought so.

Three of our neighbors in particular have been telling us how we're the perfect couple and it's amazing to see how much we love one another and how we're so relaxed and they like the fact that we don't have to be all over one another all the time.

Um, thanks?

That's about the best we've come up with. Don't get me wrong, Master and I do honestly believe that we are in fact perfect for one another. It's actually flattering and refreshing to hear and see that other's agree with our train of thought on that.

It's not like we need the reassurance, we're just not used to it. We don't want to come off all cocky going, "Oh yeah. We know that. Thanks." That just sounds bitchy and condescending.

We don't hear it out of our families because well, my family has always just really loved Master and don't feel the need to say anything. The only thing we did hear is when we got married and all of my family were telling us not to fuck it up. *laughs*

His dad doesn't really comment, but he likes me. His mom has never said a word one way or the other. Again this is the same woman that looks offended if we hold hands in public. She's on odd one. Our past friends have never commented on it either.

So to hear it from other people and hear it frequently after nine years of no one saying a word about it makes it so that we don't really know what to say or how to react except smile, say thank you and then crack a joke about how no one else would put up with either of us so we're stuck with one another.

Last night is a good example actually. They all know that I have fibromyalgia and it's been acting up lately. Master was saying how He had to wash my hair recently because it flared up so badly. They made a comment and then asked what else we do to keep it from flaring up too bad. So I told them that Master gives me a lot of back rubs, shoulder rubs, sometimes full body massages. He said that I do the best I can to help Him with His back pain as well but it's a lot harder because I can't work on His back for as long as He can work on mine.

To us it's just normal. After nine years, taking care of one another in any way we possibly can becomes second nature and not really anything you think about. We don't take each other for granted, but we don't see it as anything but what someone should do for someone they love.

That's the other thing though, it's like a reality check so that you don't take it for granted and when you hear about how they wish they had someone that loved them like that and took care of them like that it makes you realize that yeah, I guess we do go the extra mile huh? And it's not even about the dynamic at that point. It's just how we are.

They have never looked at me and gone, "You bitch! You got one of the good ones!"

But they have told me that I have a good man. I agree with them fully. And they'll tell Master that He has a good woman and again He agrees fully.

Like I said, we're just not use to this kind of thing. We're not complaining and as I said it doesn't make us uncomfortable. We're just happy that we get along with our new found friends and that they enjoy being in our company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment