July 29, 2012

Local Festivities

Last night some of our friends were going to a local festival. They asked if we wanted to come with. We had nothing better to do so we tagged along. Well, actually we met them there. I wanted to look nice for Master so I put on a tight black tank top, a knee length skirt that had mesh on top of it, a cute hat and a pair of my heels. I also did my make-up. Master was very pleased.

I'm sure at least two of our female friends thought I was way "over" dressed for a festival. But it wasn't like we were going to be going on any rides. They just wanted to hang out in the beer tent and listen to the live bands. Oh well, Master thought I looked nice and that was all that mattered.

We sat there for a while and a really shitty 50's cover band was on stage. That wasn't the one that our friends wanted to see so we sat around in a circle basically and talked. We made fun of the drunk people and had a pretty good time.

Then the band they wanted to see got on stage. They were also a cover band. They didn't have a specific genre they stuck to either, so the playlist was all over the place.

But Master and I were offended when they did a few songs. Why? Well, Master and I are really into rock / hard rock / heavy metal type music. So when they did covers of Ratt, Warrent and Ozzy we were mortified. They murdered it. Completely.

Everyone else thought it was great. I turned to Master and said, "I swear we're the only metal heads in our city." He readily agreed.

It didn't help that the lead singer thought he was the shit. He was dancing around like he was a huge rock star and I commented that he must have practiced that shit in a mirror and thought it looked good.

It was about 10pm when we decided to leave. One of the guys in our group wanted to leave too but his wife didn't. He was frustrated and I understood why. He wasn't having a good time at all but his wife was. And if you're not having a good time, you want to leave. End of story.

In fact that is exactly why Master and I decided to leave. It was fun until about 9pm. The band was in their 2nd set by that point and most of the people in our little group were pretty trashed. As a result, we weren't having fun and didn't want to be downers. It was time to go. Since the guy lives in our apartment complex we just told him he could ride home with us. His wife seemed so happy because that meant she could stay and didn't have to hear her husband complain. She even said thank you.. *laughs*

As we were walking back to our car (it was pretty packed so we had to park a little down the way) all three of us were bitching about the band.

When we got home he asked if we were going to stay out but we had decided to just call it a night and chill inside our apartment.

I'm glad we left when we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment