July 11, 2012

Shut Up Already

Yes, another carpool post. Mainly because that is what has been on my mind all fucking day. It didn't help that I was bored as hell once again and so I had little else to think about. I even called up Master today while I was at work and rambled on about this. He didn't really have anything to say, because there is nothing to say. But I vented and rambled until I had to get off the phone. So I thought rather than continue to chew His ear off about it, I'll just post and get it all out on my blog.

Even though the driver of the carpool is not moving as far away as she originally thought, in fact she's only going to be about 15 minutes away, she still does not want to do the carpool anymore. I can't say that I blame her or that I'm angry, but it's still irritating. Yes, I know it's her decision and her car, but it doesn't mean I look forward to taking over the carpool. Or at least what is left of it.

The driver of the carpool as it stands is of course just going to be taking herself to work. One of the guys in the carpool is no longer going to need a ride as of the last week of this month as he is joining a different carpool that is closer to his place. Okay fine.

So I ask the last person in the carpool if he is going to be carpooling with me and his answer? "Probably."

Probably doesn't help me figure this out. And now that I think about it I don't see how else he would get out to work and back. There is no bus out there and his wife won't take him back and forth. So, yeah.

But I was planning on splitting the gas money three ways. Now it's down to two. Half and half. And that's even if he does decide to carpool with me. Half or full it's not going to be cheap getting to and from work. Not cheap at all.

When my job first moved out there I was worried, but hadn't been there very long so I stayed. Plus, I had joined the carpool I'm in now. But now with the thought of having to pay that much money out for gas my paycheck isn't going to be all that grand. And it's not just the gas money, it's the wear and tear on the vehicle, more oil changes, etc. I don't want to run our car into the ground. So, as I've said in a previous post, I am totally going to be looking for a different job.I'm just going to take it more seriously now. But it has to be extremely similar pay, good benefits and all that fun stuff. Basically I can't just hop at a job just because it's closer to home. I have to play this very carefully. This is the first time, ever, that I haven't had to hop jobs or could jump somewhat blindly. I've never been fired from a job. But in the past whenever I changed jobs it was for better pay or in my last job's case I needed to get the fuck out of there because they were being bought out and doing mass firings.

Either way I'm scared. I'll totally admit that. I'm scared to hop jobs simply because there is so much to take into account not to mention being low man on the pole again. However I'm more scared of running the car into the ground if I stay where I am. Getting a newer car just isn't in the cards right now. We need that car and I love that car.

2 comments:

  1. what about moving closer to your job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Master and I really love where we are. Honestly I don't like the idea of moving just for a job. My job is not in a place I really want to live and if I did decide to leave there, I'd be stuck out in an area I never wanted to live in the first place, ya know? Plus, it would be quite a bit further from our family and friends.

    ReplyDelete