July 8, 2012

Back To Reality

Today is the last day of my six day "vacation". It wasn't really a vacation as we didn't go anywhere but that's fine with me. I just wanted an extended break and to get extra time with my Husband that I normally wouldn't have. And I must say it's been wonderful. I'm actually kind of sad that I have to go back to work tomorrow. It's not just because I have to go back to work, it's knowing that everything has to go back to normal. Only getting things done once I get home from work, having to only see Master from 5:30pm to 11pm which is when I get to go to bed, having to wait five days to get more time with Him and to visit people I want to visit, etc and so on.

I do have to say that we got a lot done during those six days off though. Nothing big, but some small things that have been put off. Today I did Master's laundry and we relaxed in the apartment. Shortly after dinner we went to sit outside. We didn't stay too late though. I think we came in at 8:30pm.

Also, during these six days off I've done a lot of thinking about this whole job/carpool thing. I used one of those gas calculator things and damn is that going to be expensive, even with the other two chipping in. Plus I already know that they aren't going to like what I'll be charging them. On top of that when I don't have to take them to work and I still have to go in, then I have to pay that gas myself. Add to the fact that our car is a bit older and all that I don't want to run her into the ground by driving out to work and back every day, five days a week. That's going to put miles on her rather quickly. Which also means that I'll have to have more oil changes... well you get the picture.

So I told Master today that I'm going to have to start looking for a new job. In a way it pisses me off because I'm good at my job and it's a good job with good benefits. In a way it makes me nervous and scared because I need to make what I'm making now, or at least extremely close to it. I can't afford a pay cut. Also, is the new insurance going to be more expensive? How long do I have to wait before it kicks in? Ugh! I absolutely hate this. I know that she wasn't going to be doing the carpool forever but a little more warning would have been nice. She kept going back and forth on it and then put in a 60 day notice with her apartment (she has to be out by August 1st) and waited until last week to tell me that she is ending the carpool the last week of this month. If she had been more serious in her talks about moving, given me more notice and given a better time frame I would have been more serious about looking for a new job quite some time ago. But for the longest time it sounded like she wasn't going to move anymore. That is until last week.

I didn't bother looking for a new job this past week because I was still figuring out how I wanted to handle this. I've decided.

It's a good thing I know Master is on board either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment