July 20, 2012

Possibilities

After I got out of work today I came home for about an hour and then headed down to my mother's. I try to visit her as often as possible. While I was down there I had a really good time. We talked and ran some errands together. It was just very relaxing and enjoyable.

Once I left my mother's I stopped by my father's place. He only lives about 15 minutes away from her place so I figured that since I was already in town I would pop on over and see him as well. I didn't stay there too long. My dad had a long day and was really tired. He's still in a lot of pain due to his back. He is trying to get disability right now. He was denied and now has a lawyer and attempting again. It's going to be a long process but I really hope he gets it. He really needs the insurance. He can't work because of his back and it's just hard to see him like that.

I made it back home by about 7pm. Master helped me unload things from the car that I had picked up while out running around with my mom. We got everything put away and finally ate dinner.

While I was at my mom's I got a phone call on my cell. I didn't recognize the number. Normally I don't answer my cell phone if the number isn't in my contact list. But for some reason I decided to answer. It turns out it was one of the places I applied to recently. I think I applied there about four days ago? Apparently I applied there for two different positions and didn't even realize it. Then again I've been tossing out my resume online like they are hot cakes.

The woman who contacted me wanted to let me know that the head of their HR department was going to be sending me an e-mail with a link for me to take an assessment test. It's not much, but it's a step in the right direction at least.

So after dinner I hopped on and did the assessment. It was a rather lengthy one. But I was honest and open in all of my answers, just like you're supposed to be. Once I was done I replied to the e-mail from HR and thanked them for their interest and stated that I hope to hear from them again soon.

I wonder if this will go anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment