July 10, 2012

Pushing Back

Master allowed me to skip my post last night because I had absolutely nothing on my mind. Today isn't much better but I can't skip two days in a row. I know better than to even ask unless I'm sick. 

Today was a very boring day. Very, very boring. And even though it was a boring day I feel sore as hell. Sometimes I think it's worse when I don't have much to do and therefore do not have any reason to move a lot. It's like everything just locks up.

So by the time I got home everything just hurt. Master is in pretty much the same boat plus He's got a temple headache. It's not fun. As a result we're both just kind of bumps on a log tonight.

We did sit outside for a while at our neighbor's but that didn't last long. Master's temple headache was getting worse. He said I could have stayed out there as well but honestly I feel kind of odd sitting out there by myself. I mean I know I can and I know they like me just as much as they like Master... I don't know why but I just feel kind of out of place when I'm out there by myself. Plus SL (it was her apartment) was tired and sore. ML, her husband, was just kind of sluggish. As a result, nothing was really going on and no one was really saying a lot either.

However, while we were over there some door to door salesmen type people came up. Apparently AT&T is now available in this area for all three (internet, phone and cable) so they are going around seeing if anyone wants to switch.

They were giving this speech that lasted at least 20 minutes. And during that time ML kept asking questions but SL was having none of it. She is the one in charge of all that kind of thing and I think she was getting annoyed with her husband for not shutting his mouth after she said no. So of course they started targeting ML more. But as I said SL is in charge of all that stuff so she just kept saying no. I think at about the third or fourth time of her saying so they finally backed off.

Shortly after they left her apartment we headed into ours. They saw us walking over and asked if we would be interested. We just said no. Plus, we don't want cable. We just want our internet and phone.

I just really can't stand people that don't give up. I know it's their job and I know they probably get commission but still. When I say no, and then you push back and I say no again that should be your signal that I don't want to hear anymore.

When I was in a call center that's what we called it. Pushing back. If we tried to offer a customer something and they said no we would push back, gently, and if they said no again we just thanked them for their time. We didn't go past that one push back because then you're just pissing them off and there is no way in hell you're going to convince someone that is now pissed off at you to go with your services. Where as if you don't piss them off they may think about what you said and call back later because now they are interested. If you keep pushing and pissing them off... well that's an entirely different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment