January 5, 2012

Survived The Work Day

The past few weeks at work have been kicking my tail up one side and down the other. Today was no different. But I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off and because of it I'm sore as hell today. My shoulders are screaming at me and my legs hurt from all the walking I've done lately. But oh well.

Although I did learn something interesting on the way home today. I've talked about my being in a carpool to get to work and back. Well in the carpool one woman drives all the time (unless of course she has the day off work, then I take over) and the guy in the carpool and myself pay her gas money. No biggie.

Well, she told us tonight that she'll be gone for a week in April because she's going on a trip to Vegas. Okay, fine. It kind of sucks because I hate driving the car that far back and forth like that. Our car is in good "health" and what not, but because our job is so far away it'll take it's toll on the car rather quickly.

But that's not the interesting part. Apparently one of her friends is going to be buying a house and she is going to move in with her so she can get out of her apartment and help her friend pay the mortgage.

The problem is that they plan on moving out of the city we all currently live in. Which means that she won't be doing to carpool anymore. She'll probably still be at the same job, she just won't be picking us up because it would be significantly out of her way.

As we continued to drive home the guy in the carpool and I started talking about just the two of us being in the carpool and he was quick to mention that he won't have access to a car. He only has one car and his wife takes it to work every day of the week and she's not willing to drop us off early before going to her job. So that means it would always be our car and like I said that's a good way to run the car into the ground. Not to mention only having a two way split on the gas money. *sigh*

Thankfully, I had decided a while before I ever learned of this news that I would be looking for a different job. This is just going to speed up the process. She said that they will be looking for a house starting in April. I already know that finding and buying a home is not a quick process. But I'd rather get out of dodge long before I have to worry about driving our car out there every work day. Yes, I realize that will fuck with the guy in the carpool, but he's not my problem. I'm not going to run our car into the ground just so he can get to work and back. That may sound cold, but it's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment