January 30, 2012

Reward

I've been beat to hell at work. I've been slammed for at least three weeks straight. It hasn't been easy and the minute I think I'm caught up another wave comes in and I'm behind again. I don't have vacation or personal time until late March and believe me, if I had any left, I would have taken a day off by now. It's just wearing me out and wearing me down. I feel like a zombie when I get out of work. Master has even commented on the fact that I am just very quiet some nights when I get home. I even had a few hours like that during the weekend. It's like the moment I start to recover from the weary feeling it hits me again for a little while. It sucks. Majorly. This is the worst it's been since I started in this position at my job. That was over a year ago. It's about a year and a half or a little over if I remember correctly. Blah.

But today I got a small reward. Now, never mind it has nothing to do with the great job I'm doing or the fact that it wasn't by chance.

My job does a perfect attendance thing. They do it by pay period, by month and by quarter. They collect the names of the people who have had perfect attendance during said time period and then do a random drawing. If your name is chosen off that list you get a reward for your excellent attendance.

They did the past pay period and I was on that list but wasn't chosen. But since it's the end of the month they did the drawing for that too. I was on that list as well and guess what? My name was picked! I've been on that list many, many times over the past damn near three years I've worked there. My attendance pretty much rocks most of the time. I hate being late to work, I hate being late for coming back from lunch. I have called in because I either couldn't make it out there or I wasn't feeling well, but I try to make it so that it's planned ahead. As long as it's not a call in you still are counted on perfect attendance.

So anyway, I got $100. Rock the fuck on! An extra $100 in my pocket. And it came at the perfect time. It gives us some padding for the upcoming two weeks. It's always a little tight when it's time to pay rent. But that's most people, so it's not really surprising. So extra money right now is great! Master said He was proud of me. Even though it was random selection I had still earned it. So I'm happy that I got a little something extra for being an employee that tries very hard to be on time all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment