January 10, 2012

Nothing To See Here

It's that time of the day for me to do my blog post. I honestly don't know what to write about besides boring stuff.

But if you like boring stuff, please feel free to read on.

Today I had to dress business casual for work. I wore those new shoes that I bought yesterday. Let me tell you, wearing brand new heeled shoes to work really sucks ass. My feet aren't in terrible pain or anything, but it definitely was uncomfortable. Thankfully they weren't a higher heel and it's a thick heel rather than stilettos.

I wore a pair of black slacks and a white blouse with a blue sweater vest. Of course, I didn't realize until I got under the florescent lights at work that apparently the white blouse isn't completely white. It has light tan stains on it from the damn washer. I didn't notice here at home because our lights aren't that fucking bright like florescent are. Thankfully I keep a long sleeve throw sweater type thing in my desk at work. So I just tossed that on over it and it was fine. I was still pissed though.

Since it's the washer that stained the damn thing (like it has on a different formerly white shirt of mine) I just tossed the shirt. I know that sounds really wasteful, but I didn't really care for the shirt anyway. My mother-in-law had bought it for me.

Tonight I get to figure out another business casual outfit for tomorrow. After digging through my closet last night it dawned on me that since I haven't had to wear such things in two years I don't have much of them left anymore. I had given some to my mother and others didn't fit anymore, etc. So I get to start gathering those clothes again for when I need to do job interviews and of course when I switch jobs. Jeans being allowed in an office enviroment is extremely rare. The only reason the office I work in now allows it is besides other employees, no one ever sees us. So the only time we have to "dress up" is when clients come in for a visit.

Note to self: No more white shirts. It only seems to be white tops that the washer does that too. So fuck that. All the other clothes? Perfectly clean and fine. I don't know why it's just the white tops. Weird.

Not like it mattered. I hate white shirts. Like I said my mother-in-law bought them for me.

5 comments:

  1. Run an empty cycle with 2 cups of white vinegar in it. That should take whatever is causing the stains out of the washer. I don't do white shirts anymore because the second I put one one, it has a boob-stain. Coffee, kids, doesn't matter, it's going to leave some kind of mark on my shirt every damn time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. White stuff tends to be a washer's plaything. I never wear white unless of course they're white bras or underwear, easier to deal with then because they're a. hidden b. going to taken off anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nerd alert here - anti perspirant reacts with laundry soap causing pale tan stains

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vixen: If I had my own washer I would. But we have to make do with the ones the apartment building has in the basement. (Yes I know I could go to a regular laundry mat, but I'm just not that worried about white shirts..lol)

    Vanille: LOL True enough! I've never liked white clothing. Like I said my mother-in-law bought it for me. It wasn't bad but it really wasn't my taste either.

    Anon: Even when it's all over the shirt and not just the armpits?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes it can do.. well i tend to spray a little all over if its hot! .. but I guess if when you put it in the laundry the chemical gets on the rest of the shirt.I notice it on whites and pale blues - i started buying my husband bold colored shirts for work now.. me i never really wear much but black and red so its all good for me!

    ReplyDelete