January 28, 2012

Car Ride

Today Master and I went down to visit my mom. We had asked her earlier in the week if we could bring our dog. He loves going down there. He's only been there a few times but he gets excited and has fun. Plus he loves car rides and taking him down to visit was the perfect excuse for one. She said it was okay with her. They have a small dog but my mom really likes our pup, Radar. He's a lot bigger than her dog. I think her dog is maybe 15 to 20 lbs. Radar? A whopping 75 lbs. I know that sounds like a lot but he is a streamlined pup. He's just that damn big. So off to my mother's we went. We kept Radar on his leash while we were there though. We weren't sure how nervous my mother's dog would have been if Radar had free roam. But he had a good time anyway. My mom loves large dogs but she just doesn't want to have one. So she likes when we bring him down. She gets to play with a big pup but not have to deal with walking one. *laughs*

Master had allowed me to drive down there and back. I don't get to drive often unless it's just a little bit of running around. I have a ride to and from work and when Master and I are running errands normally He is the one that drives. But this time He enjoyed just playing passenger and relaxing.

While we were down at my mother's we sat around and talked. My brother stopped in for a bit as well. Radar had a blast with so many people around. My brother is like his buddy. He loves it when my brother comes over to spend the night.

Everyone complimented Radar and told us how much bigger he had gotten and joked with me about the dog taking me for a walk rather than the other way around.

The car rides to and from there on top of all of the excitement with everyone paying attention to him has knocked him out cold.

As soon as we got home and we were all settled Radar promptly jumped up onto the couch and passed the hell out. He woke up long enough to eat and then play with his treat toy for a while but now? Now he's in his dog crate sleeping. (He's not locked in there. We call it his room and he likes taking naps in there.)

So Master and I had a good time and the hyper ball of fur that is Radar is tuckered out. It's been a good Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment