January 7, 2012

Fresh Ink

Yesterday after I got out of work I came home for about 15 minutes and then headed back out the door. Master is still not feeling the greatest so He stayed home. I drove down to my hometown and picked up my brother. He came out with a suitcase, literally a suitcase. I asked if he was moving in and he said yes. I just kind of stared at him blankly. He laughed and explained that he was bringing his PS3 up so he could show my Husband some of his games. On the way up back to our place he told me all about his new girlfriend. Sounds like the poor girl has gone through a lot in her 26 years. But she also sounds really nice and my brother told me that sometime soon he would like for us to basically go on a double date with them for dinner or something like that. I told him we'd figure it out. They haven't been dating very long. I'd say about a month, maybe two. So I figure that I'll wait a little bit longer before throwing her into meeting the family basically.

We got up to our place and hung out with Master. We talked and my brother showed Him some of the games he has and they were nerding out for a while.

While they were nerding out my brother had said that he was thinking about getting a deer tattoo after getting the tribal piece he would get that night. I asked what he wanted it to look like. He told me and I, being the ink addict that I am, decided to look up flash on the internet while they played games. As I was browsing my brother looked up and said, "I really like that one!" He pointed to it on the screen and I said it did look pretty kick ass.

He decided he wanted that done that night as well as the tribal piece. So I e-mailed it to the artist. He answered by saying he could do that as well. He then asked if we could bring paper print outs of them because apparently he was using his phone to respond to the e-mails and viewing the attachments and the shop's internet was down. I said that we didn't have a printer. This made my brother extremely nervous and needless to say a bit upset. The artist stated that he could try and sketch them out. But then Master came up with the idea of going to a Kinkos and printing them off there. I looked at Him like He was a fucking genius and off we went. We got them printed off our e-mails and were out of there by a little after 5pm. Our appointment was for 6:30pm. Since it wouldn't make much sense to go back home only to leave shortly there after, we'd just go directly to the tattoo parlor and wait till our appointment time if need be.

Master dropped us off. He wanted to stay but He is still sick and felt it would be better to go rest at home. I agreed with Him. My brother and I went inside and the tattoo artist for our appointment, let's call him K, laughed and said that we were early. We had gotten there around 5:30pm. We said it wasn't a big deal, we didn't mind waiting. He was working on another customer. Well originally both of our appointments were going to be with K. But another artist there asked if he could do mine. Let's call this one J. I said that wasn't a problem at all. He asked me what I wanted in regards to an anklet. I told him and he asked me to wait for a little while. He actually drew it up himself. There was absolutely no flash in it. He had sat down and drew it. So it was a completely custom tattoo. It was the first time that I didn't have something already drawn up by Master or printed off the internet. So I was wondering what the hell his "take" on it would look like. When he showed it to me I loved it right away. (It's a very customized version of your traditional barbed wire anklet.)

Since K was busy I got to go first since J was available. We settled on a price of $100. Well worth it in my eyes. So he put the stencil on, I checked it and was immediately excited about it! Like I said this was my first tattoo like this. He started and my brother watched. He seemed to relax when he saw that I wasn't even flinching and it was going over bone, etc. I did warn him that this is my 12th tattoo so I'm pretty damn used to the sensation. When that was done he was looking at the tattoo right above it. It's a tribal rose and it was my very first tattoo. So, since I had received bad after care instructions, it was a little jacked up. It had cracks in the tribal. I had said to my brother while we were waiting for J to get set up that it would be the first one I would touch up and that I would start my touch ups after the one I was getting that night.

J must have over heard me because he asked if I wanted him to touch that one up while I was there. I was shocked he had brought it up. I asked how much and he shrugged and said, "Just toss me a tip and we'll call it even."

*insert shocked and elated face here*

Of course, I was already going to tip the guy so it was a free touch up basically. Although because the anklet turned out beautifully and since he did the touch up for free I tipped him over half what I paid for the tattoo. He seemed shocked by that. I told him that he earned it.

Then it was my brother's turn. They talked about the 2nd tattoo and K said that since he was already getting one, he would do the other for house minimum. Holy fuck! These guys are all about customer service and customer longevity. They are super cool guys let me tell ya.

So my brother got his two tattoos. He only winced a couple of times. I was proud of him. Master picked us up and we made a couple more stops on the way home. While we were out I bought my brother his "tattoo after care kit" as I bought mine.

When we got home all three of us just sat around and chilled until about 1am, when we all started to crash.

When we got up in the morning we relaxed for a little while and got some lunch. Shortly after lunch my brother and I had to leave since he had to get home by 3pm. I dropped him off and came back home.

I'm still incredibly stoked about my new ink. Master is happy for me and glad I did it. I think He thinks that I'll never spend money on myself for something that's not a necessity unless it's a tattoo. *laughs* Honestly He's not that far off the mark, which is why it's funny.

Now comes the sucky part of it healing. But it's always well worth it. Now I get to rest the remainder of the night with Master and we have tomorrow just the two of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment