January 13, 2012

Blah And Such

Today I just couldn't seem to stay warm. It was still snowing when I went to work this morning, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as yesterday and they cleared the roads. The carpool had left earlier than usual so we got to work about a half hour early, not that I'm complaining. More time on the paycheck! Yay!

Of course work had the heat on and everything, but for whatever reason I have felt a chill all day. Not an uncomfortable one, but noticeable.  Now that I'm home I still feel it a little. Never mind the fact that I'm wearing sweat pants, socks and a hoodie. Oh, and we have the heat on as well as a small space heater since the heat here sucks ass.

This weekend is one of laziness. I'll be doing laundry tomorrow and that's all the ambition I have really. Next weekend however we are getting together with most of Master's father's side of the family. It'll be us, His father, His half-brother and His eldest half-sister. I don't know if His two younger half-sisters will be there or not. But His niece and nephew will be. His niece is turning three in a few weeks and His nephew is only two months old. It should be a lot of fun; no that's not sarcasm. The only person I'm not too thrilled about seeing is His eldest half-sister. She's a drunk and a whiner. She used to be the baby until the two younger half-sisters were born. And since there is a fourteen year age difference between her and the first born of His father's third marriage she had a lot of time to play up being the baby of the family. She's 28 and seems to have a sense of entitlement. Maybe we'll be lucky and she won't show up.

I already have my tax paperwork from my job. We're just waiting on one more thing and then I'll be filing our taxes. Oh the joy. Thankfully our taxes are simple enough to do that I do them myself. Unless someone itemizes I've never really understood the point of paying someone else to do your taxes, but that's just my opinion. I'm hoping that the other paperwork gets here soon so I can get the whole tax thing done and over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment