September 30, 2011

Just 5 More Minutes

Last night I fell asleep rather quickly, but I couldn't stay asleep very long. I would wake up, look at the clock, sigh and then fall back asleep. I must have done this at least five times. Then the dog tried waking me up at 5am. I told him to go lay down and finally got up when my alarm went off at 6am.

I stumbled out of bed, got ready for work, took the dog out and then waited for the carpool to pick me up. It was difficult for me to keep my eyes open on the ride to work. So as soon as I clocked in I got some caffeine in me and was fine from there.

I got out of work at noon and as soon as I got home we left again to go run errands. After that Master and I relaxed a bit at home before I went to go pick up my prescriptions, which took forever. I swear those people are on permanently on the slow-motion function.

So all well and good so far. Master and I watched some TV and I got comfortable on the couch with one of Master's hoodies on. He could tell I was ready to pass the hell out so He asked me what time I wanted to be woken up at. I said in about a hour and a half. I promptly zonked out.

He woke me up when I had asked Him to and I woke up and looked at Him through groggy eyes. He knew I was still exhausted so He told me He would wake me again in about an hour. That ended up being at 9pm. Thankfully I don't have to get up early tomorrow as I know damn well I'm going to be up until at least 2am or until Master goes to bed, which ever comes first.

I'm really glad that the weekend is finally here. This work week has been mentally exhausting and in some ways I think that's actually worse than being physically worn out. Why? Because my mind wants to shut down but my body hasn't had that physical work out to wear it out which brings me to that really weird place where my mind is telling me I should sleep and my body is like "But we haven't done anything!"

So hopefully, when we finally go to bed tonight, I'll be able to fall asleep and stay that way until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment