September 20, 2011

Crazy Pills

As I posted recently, my shrink put me on a new medication to go with my current meds. When he gave me the prescription I figured it would be like my other medication. My health insurance is pretty damn good. My other medication comes in a generic form and as such it only costs me a $10 copay. So I figured this new one would have a generic version as well and as a result the copay would be the same.

I was wrong. The new medication does not come in a generic form. So the copay is $60. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but every bit counts and an extra $60 a month to keep me somewhat sane kind of gave me sticker shock.

So I called my shrink and he said he could give me some more samples to make sure my body adjusts well to the medication before I have to start spending money on it. He also gave me a "coupon" card for the medication. Basically it knocks off a percentage of the copay.  Rock on.

I'm lucky to have my shrink. He's a great doctor and is willing to work with me so I don't go broke trying to treat my disorder.

Master was kind enough to go pick up the samples and the coupon card while I was at work. Their office closes at 6pm unless you have a later appointment. I don't normally get home until about 5:30pm so getting up to the doctor's office by 6pm would be difficult and involve speeding.

Now I just have to remind myself to fill two prescriptions rather than one the next time I go to the pharmacy. 

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there through the whole medication "drama". I know from experience how frustrating and draining it can be. I hope you are feeling better, and also that your new med works out (despite the cost). I know how that goes, too. The financial burden of my medical issues is enormous, we are so seriously in debt because of it. Don't let this shit get you down.

    Hugs,
    Rd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. :-) I really appreciate the "snap out of it" slap.. And yes I mean it and I'm not being sarcastic. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete