September 9, 2011

By Any Other Name

I couldn't really think of anything to post about. My brain is a bit fried today. It's been a long damn week even though it was only a four day work week. So a journal prompt is in order.

Is your Dominant called Sir or Master?

Well, there are many names that I have for Master. On my blog I refer to Him as my Master more often than not, obviously. I also call Him my Husband, which is also true but holds an additional meaning to me. More of an old world type meaning. You know, where the wife is more submissive to the Husband.

I also call Him Sir. Sir is just easier sometimes, and it sure as hell can be said in public. Some people looked at me oddly at first, but when I use it in an almost sarcastic tone people don't seem to blink. Master knows I'm not being sarcastic, He knows I'm basically slipping it into the "real world" but still using some sort of discretion.

Something where He "requests" me to do something that I know is actually an order and I say, "Yes Sir!" and do a mock salute type thing. He chuckles and I wink at Him.

Then there is another name. I call Him it a lot in person. I don't know why I don't use it more here on my blog. Maybe because people may get the wrong idea? I'm not sure. I call Him Daddy.

We don't do age play, we don't do the whole mock father and daughter thing. I think that's why I don't want people getting the wrong idea. I personally find nothing wrong with such things, it's just that it's not how Master and I are and it's now what I mean when I call Him Daddy.

I call Him Daddy more in a protector type meaning. He is my protector. Also, He calls me baby girl as an affectionate pet name. That's kind of how I fell into calling Him Daddy. I guess another way to describe it is almost how women will call their husbands, boyfriends, etc. Big Daddy. It's another pet name. I enjoy calling Him that. I have never called Him Big Daddy though, just Daddy.

Does that make any sense at all?

So I guess to answer the question, I call Master several different things and He enjoys them all.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the Daddy thing. My Master is certainly the Daddy type. There is no faux incest type thing in our relationship, but he is certainly the caring, doting type who likes to spoil me and it makes me feel girlish and cherished. I can't bring myself to call him Daddy, though. I feel self-conscious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lexi, it took me a while to feel comfortable with it to be honest. Actually, it took me a while to feel comfortable calling Him Master to His face. It was one thing typing it out (e-mails, etc.) but it was another to say it in person. I use to have to look down to do it. I was... not embarrassed, but like you said self-conscious about it. It happened again when I first started calling Him Daddy. That was not by His order or anything. I asked if I could call Him that, and He allowed it. Now we are both more than comfortable with it, I just don't use it a lot on my blog for the reasons stated in the post.

    ReplyDelete