September 26, 2011

Where is the Map?

Well, another sucky Monday. Oh joy. It wasn't so much just one thing. It was a bunch of little stuff that is piling on top of the other little stuff until it looks like a small mountain.

You know, the kind of small mountain that magically appears over night and you're staring at it going "Where the fuck did that come from?"

And you're standing there wondering that because as it built up little by little, you couldn't really see it getting larger.

Today I feel the stress just building. I'm at one of those spots where you aren't sure which way you should jump. Left? Right? Can someone hand me the damn map please?

Master and I actually hit on this a bit last night before I had to go to bed. We spend our entire childhood wanting to be an adult. "I can do what ever I want because I'll be an adult. And no one can make me do anything I don't want to do!"

So there you are, as a pre-teen, teenager, young adult thinking about how you can listen to the music as loud as you want, you can come and go as you please, no more school... etc.

And then you become an adult. And you notice how the stress levels build and build. No, you don't have to go to school unless you're in college, but you do have to get a job if you want to eat. You can come and go as you please, but you probably want to be sensible so you aren't hungover at work the next morning.

Oh yeah, and you know all that stuff you didn't even think about when you were a teen? Now you get to deal with it all! Here is a fun little list:

  1. Rent
  2. Utility bills
  3. Groceries
  4. Clothes
  5. Gas in the car
  6. Car repairs
  7. Health insurance
The list continues. So no, no one can make you do something you don't want to do. But there are things you should do so you have a roof over your head, food in your stomach and clothing on your back. Oh, and all that fun shit you thought of when you were a teen? Yeah, you get to pay for all that too. Just so you know, it really fucking blows when you can only do the necessities.

 So, in closing, if anyone finds that guide to life map or maybe some kind of GPS? Owners manual? Anything of the kind, please let me know. I'll share it, promise.


6 comments:

  1. become a Politician

    Do shit, blame everyone else and make regular withdrawals from the bank of john and jane doe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan, except I hate discussing politics. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya. Being an adult blows, and one thing is for sure, I SUCK at it. Master has to micro-manage me and order me around left and right or I am usually pretty lax about my responsibilities...letting them slip and then "pile up" into that annoying seemingly impossible to tackle heap that I somehow ignore or just fail to notice until things reach a critical stage. Then Master is all over my ass like ants on a cookie for being lazy and irresponsible, and I end up getting it. "It" being just an irritated scolding if I am lucky, other disciplinary measures if I am not so lucky and what I am doing is a repeat offense.
    It's not that I am intentionally or purposefully lazy. I'm not. I would be doing so much more to please Master and help Him out if I were able, but I have a physical disability (a totally fucked up spine and other bone/joint issues) and that limits what I can do some days because I am always in pain. Sometimes it's moderate and I can still function (to some extent), other times it's so severe that I'm in tears and can barely walk or move, so He's kind of forced to cut me a break on my "bad" days. Working a part time job (25 hrs) a week is a huge task for me, especially because it's a physical job where I'm on my feet for 8 hrs at a time, so..sometimes..the shit at home tends to "pile up". Lol. All we can do is the best we can, right? *Heavy sigh*

    Hugs,
    Rd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...

    Beginning to feel stingy with the treats.

    Think I'll take a screen shot of what you two get and show it to her with the caption "Not yours."

    ReplyDelete
  5. ignore that last one, ment for "pampering"

    ReplyDelete
  6. RD, I completely understand. I have fibromyalgia, not nearly as severe as you are talking about, but when it flares up really bad I can't help but feel the tears sting my eyes and I find myself wanting to do nothing but lay down in the dark.

    Anon, not a problem. If you would like to repost that comment on the Pampering post, please feel free. :-)

    ReplyDelete