September 19, 2011

This, That & The Other

Today has been a long damn day. I felt tired as hell when I first got up. It took me at least two cups of coffee and a 20oz of Mountain Dew before I was fully awake. It almost never takes me that much caffeine to feel like I'm not in a haze of drowsiness.

As a result the beginning of my work day really sucked. I was busy all day and I still have stuff to finish when I walk in tomorrow on top of my daily stuff.

After I got out of work I popped into the apartment to grab a couple of grocery bags (those canvas res-useable bags) and then headed right back out to go grocery shopping. I came back, Master helped me unload the car and put the food away and I finally collapsed on the couch. Master and I watched a few episodes of Saturday Night Live and now I'm here, on the computer, knocking out my post. I don't want to make it short or anything but my brain is kind of like mush right now.

Yesterday I was sitting here thinking about how I never wear my 2nd pair of glasses. I don't have to wear glasses all the time, only when I'm on the computer or reading a book for an extended period of time. I have two pairs, one pair is really nice. They have silver frames and are very "classy" looking. The other pair is a pair of blue plastic glasses. Well, I think it's plastic anyway. They aren't ugly or anything, in fact I think they are kind of cute. But my wire frames are my favorite. Because I really like them though I'm afraid to take them to work in case I accidentally leave them there or they get broken some how. Paranoid, I know.

What I had been doing is taking the blue pair with me back and forth from work. Which is how I ended up never wearing my wire frames. But Master said something very logical and something I can't believe I didn't think of before. Wear the blue pair at work and use the wire frames at home. Now granted no one will see me wear them except Master, but that's okay.

However, if I do ever needing to wear glasses all the time, it'll be the wire frames. Actually, if I needed glasses all the time I would want contacts. Contacts can be rather expensive, especially since I have an astigmatism.

Maybe it'll never get to that point and if it does I'll have to see how much it'll actually cost me to have contacts.

I'm working on another page for my blog. You know, those links at the top of the page. It looks so empty, so I decided to make a How & Why page that will show how Master and I got into this lifestyle, why we stayed with it and why it works so well for us.

I have a feeling it's going to take a while to write though, so you may not see it right away. I don't want to publish it unfinished because then it would turn into one of those "under construction" pages and I don't want that. Then when people go to read, they'll have to keep checking back to see if it's been updated. That's not good.

Perhaps I can work on it more during the week. If I can't, or don't finish it during the week, I'll hit it on the weekend and hopefully be able to knock it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment