June 25, 2011

It's The Little Things

You know, it's all of the little things that can really add up fast.

And sometimes, it's the little things that matter most. Or they can be the most insignificant dumb things ever.

When Master and I first started living together it was an adjustment, just like it is when first living with anyone else. One thing that used to irritate the hell out of me (it's stupid.. I know..) is that while He would grab new toilet paper for the bathroom He would just set it on the sink counter. The roller is right there. So like I said, it used to irritate the hell out of me. But eventually I just told myself that it was a very, very stupid thing to get upset about. So from that point forward whenever He does it, I just take it off the sink counter and put it on the roller. Done, over with. No big deal. Why that used to irritate me so badly I have no idea.

But it's also the little things that He does that make me so very happy. He'll just walk over to me and kiss the top of my head for no reason what so ever. Like He'll be playing a video game and wants something from the kitchen. The times where He doesn't want to ask me to do it, for whatever reason, He'll just pause His game and get it Himself. During these times I'm sitting at the computer, which is on the way to the kitchen. Every now and then on His way to the kitchen He'll kiss the top of my head, not say a word and then go into the kitchen, get what He wants and then goes back to playing His game.

It's sweet and it makes me smile. Or there are the times where out of nowhere He snaps His fingers, points to the ground right in front of Him while He's on His recliner and He'll start rubbing my shoulders. This normally happens when He knows I've had a rougher day than usual. I usually ask for a shoulder rub, but sometimes I don't want to bother Him about it because while it would be nice it's not to the point where I actually feel it is necessary in order to prevent a flare-up. But He just points, I kneel, He turns me around so I'm facing the TV and starts working on my shoulders or neck.

It's incredibly sweet of Him. He takes good care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment