June 16, 2011

Extra Day

Today I was sitting at work and started thinking about taking tomorrow off of work. Tomorrow is Master's birthday. I have had to work on my birthday and our anniversary already this year. Master hates His birthday and insists that it doesn't exist. Now, keeping that in mind, I want to spend time with Him for His birthday. Even though He doesn't want to admit that it in fact exists, I feel it's one of those times in the year that I should spend extra time with Him. Like our anniversary.. etc.

Since I had to work both my birthday and our anniversary I decided to ask Master if it would be okay for me to take tomorrow off. He granted it, so I sent a request to my supervisor and it was approved.

Part of the reason is because if I hadn't I really would only have had Saturday with Him. Tomorrow night we are going out to dinner with His mother and her husband. So if I had gone to work I literally would have walked in, changed, put on make-up (if there was time for make-up) and headed right back out. Then we would have Saturday to ourselves. But then Sunday we are going down to His mother's to help paint her condo. Again. It was just painted two years ago but suddenly she no longer likes the color scheme. *sigh* We helped last time too. Only this time His mother will actually be there, not just her husband. So we both know that she isn't going to paint. She is simply going to dictate, nag and tell us how to do what we're doing. Honestly, we both wish she just wouldn't be there until it was done. It's less of a headache.

But now I have all of Friday, up until dinner, of just Master and myself. I'm glad that Master allowed me to take the day off of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment