August 24, 2009

Slightly Disappointed

When Master and I went to bed last night, it was around midnight. He couldn't sleep and so stayed up until about 4am. I tried to sleep and thought about curling up with one of my teddy bears or tigers, but decided against it for some reason.

I guess I should have. Without Master to curl up to, or a stuffed animal, I was rather restless in my sleep. Regardless I got up when my alarm went off this morning and got ready for work.

Going by what my supervisor had told me last Friday, stating that I would probably have my review on Monday, I picked one of my nicer work outfits. I don't know why. Probably because I'd be under the scrutiny of my supervisor and the head of HR I guess. *shrugs*

BC picked me up and took me to work. He wasn't very talkative this morning, but he did remind me that he has to pick me up at a quarter to 6am next Monday. Blah.

I was hoping to log into my computer at work and find an e-mail waiting for me telling me when my review was. No such luck. No such e-mail showed up the whole day. So I was a bit disappointed. I decided against calling my supervisor to see where the progress was. There is a thin line between being a good employee who is checking up on the status of things, and an annoying employee who won't leave the supervisor alone. I had just talked to him about it on Friday, and he assured me he was only waiting on paperwork to go through HR. So I let it be.

Master picked me up from work and we went home, ate dinner, and I washed the bathroom towels. Master had done His own laundry and gone through some of His clothes, tossing out what doesn't fit anymore while I was at work.

While the towels were in the dryer Master had me go into the bedroom and sort through my clothes. I tossed out about two bags worth of clothing that either no longer fits, I don't wear anymore, or was worn out. Once all that was done we watched a movie, Fortress 2.

After the movie I took my bath and put on an outfit so I would look nice for Master. He is having me wear my glasses at home now. For a while He was letting me get away with just wearing them at work. Now, if I'm on the computer or reading a book at home, He wants me to have them on. So I leave one pair at work, and one pair at home.

Tomorrow I have to wash our bedding. I'm also hoping to have good news regarding my review. I've been at my job for 5 months now, as of this past Sunday. And, unlike my past jobs where I grew tired of them after my 90 days... I'm still enjoying my work. Yes, sometimes it is stressful due to the work load, but I love it there. And yes, I'm a little disappointed at not receiving my review yet, but there isn't much I can do about it. Small bumps in what I hope to be a long career.

I'm getting to a point in my life where I want to settle down at my job. I am sick of job hopping. The longest job I've had so far, is for two years. It was a shit job. I hated it. But I needed something, so I stayed.

From there I've mainly had jobs that I kept for about three to four months before finding something better and moving on. My last job, prior to my current one, I stayed for a year and a half. But I just couldn't take it anymore. Then it was like something spoke to me and said, "It is time to move on." And that is how I found my current job. A job that I am content at.

I think that biggest difference between my current job and all of my past ones is that all of my former jobs were customer service based on one level or another. At this one, I only have to do my job, and deal with my coworkers. And I'm loving it. I'm damn good at customer service, and I know this. But it is just not something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Data entry, on the other hand, is something I am also very good at, and can easily see myself doing for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment