August 2, 2009

And So The Hunt Begins...

*plays dramatic music*

The hunt begins for another car. Nothing luxurious, by any strech of the imagination. Why? Because quite frankly we can't afford much. We're basically looking for a car that will get Master from point A to point B and that's it. We can't afford a car loan, so that's out. We have some money saved up for another car, but not a lot. We have until the end of November until my job moves, but I'd personally rather not wait until the last minute.

And so today I hopped online and started looking at local listings. I may have found something that we can actually buy right now... but first I have to call the owner, ask some important questions, and then we'd have to look at it, Master would have to test drive it, and then we'd think about buying it.

This process is something I haven't done in a while. The last three cars Master and I have had came off of car lots. That process is a bit easier. But we're not going to find a car on a lot for the price we're willing/able to spend at the moment. So it's back to the classifieds. I remember this process. It's a bit of a pain in the ass, which is why I'm starting it now. November sounds like it's a ways off, but it's really not. Before you know it, it'll be 2010. Hell I just got my renewal notice in the mail for my plates. Another $75 the state wants to rape out of me. Bastards.

But I'm also slightly excited about car shopping. I love cars. I really, really do. It's my father's fault. So I like looking, and trying to find a great deal, ya know?

Thankfully Master is very realistic when it comes to cars. Does it run? Is it an automatic? Is it gonna last more than 6 months? Awesome. *giggles*

I'm thinking what we should do is buy a car we can afford for now, and then keep saving up a little here and a little there so we have a "repairs" fund if we need it and/or keep saving up for a better vehicle.

But enough about cars.

Master and I had a good day today. We fucked again last night. Today we were productive and went grocery shopping.

Other than that we've been lazing about and enjoying our time together. Master has to be to work by 6:30am and I have to get a bit earlier than normal because B needs to get to work early. That won't be something I miss... running on everyone else's schedule when it comes to my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment