August 19, 2009

Looking To The Weekend...

... for a piece of sanity.

Last night Master was extremely restless and was in and out of bed most of the night. He told me to get some rest, so I did my best to sleep.

This morning I got up and reset the alarms for Master and then went to work.

Before I go into what happened at my job, I'll say that Master went to His job interview and it seemed to go well. They said He should hear something back tomorrow.

As far as what happened at my job, well the coworker I was complaining about in yesterday's post called in sick again today. So my trainer came over to take a look at the work on her desk. She is eight days behind on her work. So naturally, my trainer was not a happy woman.

She handed me a huge stack of papers that needed to be entered into the system. I had my own work to do, of course.. which was very fast paced today. She told me to try and get as much as I could of this stack that she handed me done. She said there was no pressure or anything like that and she thanked me for helping out.

Well as the day wore on and my work kept pouring in, and I tried to work on the stack of papers when and where I could. But I wanted to get it done. Something kicked up in me and went, "Okay. Just because your coworker is fucking up, doesn't mean you have to pay for it."

But the other part of me, the part of me that likes to excel at my work, said fuck it. I only took a 20 minute lunch break, no other breaks, and got both my work and the huge stack of papers put in. And I was still able to clock out on time at the end of the day. I was proud of myself. It took some doing, but I got it done. Plus, this means a little bit of extra money on the paycheck in a couple of weeks. Although admittedly I'm hoping not to have to do that again tomorrow.

No word from my supervisor about the review yet. He said he feels it will be done by the end of this week. But tomorrow is already Thursday, and Friday I get out at noon. So that seems less and less likely as time clicks by.

Master came to pick me up and we went home. I took care of the dog, and then we ordered pizza for dinner.

We are trying to make plans with a friend of ours for Friday. Hopefully it'll pan out. I could use a drink.

I hardly ever say that, as I am not much of a drinker. But today, I really wanted a drink. Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment