August 3, 2009

Crash and Burn

Well as I said last night I was browsing cars online that were local. Master saw one that was within our price range and told me to call them today. I continuously called and no one answered or responded to my voice mails.

Well around noon Master calls me and tells me He is getting out of work at 2:30pm. He then tells me I should see if I should get out of work as well, so we can go to the bank, close out the savings account and then see about that vehicle He had been talking about.

So I do that. And I take the bus home. I try again to get a hold of the person who had put up the ad. No answer. No call backs. So I started browsing other ads and we came across one that was for $600 for an old truck. They said the body was rusty as hell but that mechanically it was fine.

So we call. They said they were home. We went out to look at it.

Master and I got in the truck. Yes, it was very, very rusty. But hey we only needed it for Him to get back and forth to work, so what do we care what it looks like. I sit in the truck while Master drives it around a bit. It felt fine. He didn't seem to have any problems with it. We park it and I look under the hood. Now granted I'm not a mechanic but I didn't see anything loose, and the engine wasn't rusty. And as I said it seemed to drive just fine. The owner tells us that he just got done driving it to and from Illinois. So I figure, hell it should be fine getting home.

Yeah. Apparently I'm a fucking moron. We hand the guy $500 and we get the title. No bill of sale. That should have been my first clue.

But I was excited that my Master was going to have a vehicle again and that the stresses of getting me and Him back and forth to work were going to be easier. Master seemed excited too.

So I drive my car behind Him. Seemingly no problems for most of the way home. About half way home Master calls my cell and He tells me that the steering is really loose and that she shakes hard when she brakes. I honestly couldn't see any physical shaking. Then He broke hard due to a sudden red light and I shit you not that truck flew into the next lane because of the loose steering.

Master pulls over once. I pull up behind Him. I wasn't sure what was wrong. He stopped for a few minutes and then pulled back into traffic. We get another mile or two and He pulls over again. He can't turn her over. She won't start.

He starts punching the roof of the truck and gets out of it eventually. He comes and tells me that when he gave her a little bit of gas, that she had choked out and died, which is why he had pulled over and now she wouldn't start.

He also told me that the trucks gas gauge didn't seem to work. Yeah. Nothing mechanically wrong with that POS.

He was/is livid.

He tells me to hand Him the title. I do that. He then tosses it into the truck, leaves the keys, and tells me to get out of the car I'm in. I do.

He gets in, I get in on the passenger side, and we head for home. His knee is hurting Him because of how the brakes and gas was.

Neither of us noticed any of this when He was driving it before we paid for it.

Then again we didn't drive it all that far.

So months of saving up is gone. Master is the most pissed off at me that He's ever been in our entire relationship.

This was my idea. I said it seemed like a sturdy truck before we bought it. I know He doesn't know anything about vehicles. And now, we're out of $500.

I don't know whether to scream or cry, or do both.

I can't look at Him for an extended period of time.

I feel like I've put a crack in our relationship. It may not sound like a lot of money, but that $500 took us quite a bit of time to save up, and it's gone. Not only did it take us quite a bit of time to get that saved up, but we were tight even doing that. We're not going to be able to afford another car by the time my job moves.

I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say. I feel like utter shit. I've seen Him this angry before, but never at me.

He said He takes partial blame for this. He got caught up in the excitement too. But, it was my idea. I said it would be okay. I'm supposed to know more about cars/trucks than Him.

So yeah. I can't seem to really think straight right now.

Part of me wants to break down. The other part of me wants to get pissed off. Neither side is winning. I think it's at a stale mate right now so I don't do anything stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment