April 11, 2009

Restlessness

Lately a feeling has welled up inside me. At first I didn't know what the hell it was and I was confused by it. As a result, I did not really talk about it. Why? Well, it is hard to talk about something when not even you know what the hell is going on.

See, it started about two months ago. I started to get restless. Now at the time I figured it was because of my job situation. I knew things at that company were getting bad, and unstable. So I figured that I just needed to change jobs and this restlessness would go away. And so I did. I found a new job and I'm content with it.

However, this feeling has not gone away. This antsy feeling is still with me. Now, when I originally interviewed for the job they asked me if it would be a problem that they were relocating. You see right now they are down town. But they will be moving by the end of the year. At this point in time Master and I still only have one car, so this could prove to be interesting to handle since B will no longer be able to take me to work once the job site moves. And also there is no bus line out there. There is also not a bus line to Master's job.

I still took the job because I figured I just wanted the hell out of my old job and we would figure out the rest later. I think it was a smart decision. And Master seems to agree that it was indeed a smart move.

But then it hit me out of no where. When my job moves at the end of this year, yes we will need a second car unless one of two things happen.

1) Master finds a job out there as well and then we can car pool.

2) We move out there.

Master and I have tossed around the idea of moving quite a bit since I moved up here. The apartment that we live in is not terrible. Trust me. But the people that have been moving in here lately (I'd say in the past year or so) have been um... annoying as hell. Also we're getting sick of being charged for everything. We get charged extra for smoking in the apartment. And in the middle of winter smoking outside every time we feel the desire to light up is not a fun idea. Instead of having a pet deposit we are charged extra each month for our dog to live here. We have also been fined for dog waste being in the yard. One time admittedly it was our dog, and we just didn't see it. However another time I know damn well it wasn't our dog because we don't take him out to that area, but hey.. how can you really argue such things. We also have to lock up Ghost every time we leave the apartment because he was going to the patio doors when we were gone and it scared our neighbors. Why? Well, he's a German Shepard/Husky mix. Some people are afraid just because of his size.

So I have a feeling this restlessness has to do with wanting to start fresh some where. Whenever we have talked about moving, we've talked about just moving to another part of this section of town. While that isn't a terrible thing, the idea of moving out to where my job is going to be eventually, is exciting.

The minute that idea struck me I started to wonder what it would be like. The area is nice. In fact it's a lot like this area of town in the fact that it isn't huge, and it's a nice, normally quiet, place. And I've also started to try and think of ways we could start to save up for a deposit and first month's rent at a new place. Just set aside a little money here and there and then by the time my job moved we would be able to move as well. I think we could do it.

I touched base on the subject with Master tonight over dinner, and He didn't object to the idea. He said we would talk about it. We wouldn't really need a lot to move since we don't own a lot that requires a large truck or anything.

We'd maybe need one U-Haul and we could move it all in one day, as long as we packed everything and tossed out the rest in the days previous. The larger furniture would go in the U-Haul and the rest could fit in two cars. Plus one of our friends owns a pick-up truck. So that'd make things even easier.

But of course I am getting ahead of myself. Master said we would talk about it, and I'm sure we will. And of course my job wouldn't be moving until the end of the year. But that would give us time to save up some money and actually find a place as well. So we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment