April 8, 2009

Funny Ain't It

Master and I just got done watching a movie called "Yes Man". I thought it was funny, but it also made me think. You see, without giving away a lot of the movie, basically Jim Carey's character says yes to everything and ends up having quite a bit of fun.

And I don't know if it's some kind of mood I'm in or what.. but it triggered a through pattern.

See, when I first moved up here to live with Master, almost four years ago, we were broke. I mean very broke. And we had a lot of fun. I was just going to college (wasn't working) and Master was looking for work. But because of the fact that I was only going to school and Master wasn't working... we had a lot of free time. As a result we had to think of ways to entertain ourselves. And we always did. We had a lot of fun.

We have a lot of fun now too, we just don't do as much. We mainly come home and eat dinner and watch movies or TV shows. Or Master will play video games. So during the weekdays we have a pretty set routine. Master picks me up. We go home. Sometimes I run errands. Then when that is done we eat dinner. During dinner we normally watch something, whether it be a movie or a TV show. After that I will either take my bath and then do my blog post, or vice versa. Lately my meditation has been thrown into that mix as well. We then finish the night by watching more stuff and then go to bed because we have to get up early.

Yes. I know. Welcome to the working world where Monday through Friday you normally don't do very much.

Well, tonight actually we had the option to go over to our friends' house for dinner. But this is a particular married couple that I really didn't want to deal with. First off the husband can be very cool sometimes. But he's also an alcoholic. And due to having so many of those in my family when I was growing up I really detest them. So when he's drunk or only wants to talk about being drunk I get rather... wall flowerish. And the wife? Well, neither Master or myself can stand her. The husband is a great guy, when he's sober or at least not obviously drunk.

So Master gave me the option to say yes or no. Well I didn't want to be rude and just call them and say no. So I asked some questions first. What are you planning on having? Eh. That sounds alright. What time are you talking? 7pm? Uh. No. I have to get up at 6:30am. (The husband is unemployed at the moment and the wife works third shift.) And I knew that if we went over there at 7pm we wouldn't be getting home until at least 11pm which is when we're normally in bed during the week.

Master says that one of his coworkers just turned 21 so he may want to go out drinking this weekend. That would be cool. It would be different and he's a nice guy.I know what I just said about alcoholics. But seriously, there is a large difference between having a few drinks and having some fun.. and getting so piss ass drunk that your friend has to carry you to bed while you talk about zombies. *raises eyebrow*

Also we're trying to figure out when we're gonna meet B's new girlfriend. So again that could be fun, and would be different.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just in a bit of a funk. It just seems like we did a lot more things when we were broke. Now? We're doing okay. I'm mean we're not rich or anything. But the bills are paid and we can still have some spending money. It's just that.. because we have to follow a strict budget so we do have all the bills paid it doesn't seem like we do that much anymore.

We went to the movies a while back. That was fun. We go out to dinner, and I love that. But we havn't really gone out and just had fun. Bleh. Maybe when the weather is nicer we'll start doing more. I miss going for walks, and going to parks, and what not.

I think part of my problem is that everyone at work is talking about all these trips they are planning. Places like California, Jamaica, Florida.. etc. Me? My biggest ambition is to go to Sybaris again some day. And that's literally only an hour away from home. If that. But it is a place that holds some of my fondest memories. Our honeymoon. But we can't afford it. We could probably afford one of the smaller rooms. But fuck that. If we're gonna go we're going to at least get the same type of room we had last time, with the pool and hot tub. Oh! And the bed with the mirror above it and that kick ass headboard with yet more mirrors behind it. *sigh*

Yeah. I must be in some kind of funk and not really realizing it until just now for some reason. Maybe it's just cabin fever because it's technically already Spring.. it just doesn't feel like it.

And the really shitty part of it? I don't know what I would want to do if we did have the time and money to go out. I don't drink much, although a normal bar isn't that bad. It's more fun when you have a group of people. A strip club? Yeah. That could be fun but if we go to often I get bored with it because then it just becomes another routine. A dance club? Um that's out. Master doesn't dance. And I don't wanna dance by myself. Eh. I'm probably just in a funky mood because my shoulders and left leg are bothering me.

Tomorrow I'll be back to my normal crazy self.

No comments:

Post a Comment