May 7, 2013

Touch Base

I was having a very rough day today at work. It was getting to the point that I was starting to feel overwhelmed. I don't mean just by my work load, I mean as in my mood. I'm not sure why. It may be in part due to the fact that I'm on my period and the other part is just because of how work has been going lately. Either way it was about 2:30pm when it hit me.

I knew that if I could talk to Master for a few moments I would feel better.

So I called Him. Thankfully He answered the phone and we talked for a few moments. It wasn't that I was spinning out of control or anything. I just needed to touch base and breathe for a moment. The best way for me to do that is to hear Master's voice. It's like touching base. He centers me. Even if it's just a quick phone call.

We talked for about six or seven minutes and then I had to get back to my never ending work load. But really, that's all I needed. I felt better the minute I hung up the phone. The rest of the work day seemed a bit easier. Yes, it was only two more hours but still.

When I got home from work Master gave me a big hug, which made me feel even better. My hands have been bothering me though. I have the ability to type up to 70wpm and that has been put to the test quite a bit lately. But when I do that almost non-stop for 8+ hours a day it starts to hurt. My wrist, my knuckles, my finger tips. I think my fibromyalgia plays into that a little bit, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

They feel a little better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment