May 17, 2013

If It's Not One Thing...

If it's not one thing it's another. Today was a great example of that. The drive to work was stressful since for whatever fucked up reason the interstate was backed up beyond belief. I was still able to get to work a half hour early. Don't ask me how because I honestly have no fucking idea. So okay, not a great start but whatever. Traffic sucks sometimes.

But the stress continued. My work computer has been acting up randomly for a while now. I was able to work around it as it wasn't "the usual". But today it got progressively worse. I had enough. So I contacted our IT department and they came over to look at it. Apparently, it needed more memory. And while they were at it, they decided that it would be best to just upgrade my computer to the new operating system that they were just started to change people over to. Only a handful of people in the office have it right now. But I was so happy that they were going to do that.

The only problem was that this was going to take 45 minutes to a hour. Okay.. that sucks. But I could do smaller stuff that I hadn't been able to get to in about three weeks. Such as filing and all that stuff. That didn't last as long as I thought it would. Before I knew it I was trying to find things to do. So I restocked paper, grabbed blank files to stock in our copy room, stuff like that.

But once all that was done I went to check in with how it was going with my computer. It still wasn't done. All told it took closer to two hours. Now, granted I was getting paid for those two hours but I couldn't do what I really needed to be doing.

The good news is that once it was all said and done with I was very happy. The computer is a lot better, and I much prefer the new operating system.

The rest of the work day went off without a hitch. Then it came time to go home. Yeah, that wasn't as easy as it sounds. The road was blocked off by cops. There didn't seem to be a reason for it. There was no accident and the traffic lights were working fine. It just seemed to be that intersection that was blocked. And of course that was the only road that led to the interstate, which is really the only way I know home. So I did some creative driving and found my way into a parking lot that had an exit out onto the street I needed to take to get to the interstate. I get maybe half way there and guess what? More fucking cops blocking the intersection. What the fuck?!

Like I said, I don't know another way home but apparently I was going to half to figure out a different way fast. I don't have a GPS, so I was kind of left to my own wits and creativity. I made a quick call to Master to let Him know what was going on and that I would be running pretty late. I didn't want Him freaking out and thinking I had gotten into an accident.

So I pick a major road and head East. I figured as long as I continued to go East eventually I would find a cross street that I recognized. And I was right! It took a while, but I found one and then headed South. Once we started passing signs pointing to on ramps for the interstate the passenger in my carpool suggested we try getting on the interstate. I shook my head no and explained that we would be stuck in traffic as it was now the middle of rush hour.

He didn't seem to happy about it as he apparently thought that we would get home sooner if we went on the interstate. Too bad. I'm the one driving. And I was right, as soon as we could see traffic on the interstate it was bumper to bumper.

It took a lot longer to get home, but we got there simply by me just to keep going in one direction until I found a street that I know. I finally dropped him off about 40 minutes late. I understand why he was agitated. I was too. It's fucking Friday, everyone wants to get home as soon as possible.

After I dropped him off I hit the gas station and finally came home. I must have looked pretty pissed off when I walked in because Master looked at me kind of funny and asked why I was looking at Him like I wanted to kill Him. *laughs*

I have since just been trying to decompress. I was going to go into work tomorrow for a few hours but then I heard that they are shutting off a huge section of interstate starting tonight until late Sunday morning. And guess what stretch it is? It's all of the on ramps that are within 30 minutes of our home. And that's both ways. So I would have to deal with it both on the way out there and on the way back. Plus tonight just frustrated the fuck out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment