May 24, 2013

Green Eyed Monster

I don't want much. I'm quite honestly not a very materialistic person. But sometimes the green eyed monster sneaks up on me. I don't know why I let it bother me, but it does. And it's not so much the fact that I want what they have, it's more a feeling of things being unfair and not understanding why it bothers me. And when I don't understand something like that it tends to annoy me.

A good example is BC and his wife. Don't get me wrong, BC is my friend. Hell, he's been Master's friend since high school. But sometimes, his wife pisses me off. I don't so much get the green eyed monster because of what they are doing or what they have, it's the fact that how they are doing it pisses me off.

They are both older than me. His wife is 39. BC is about 37 or so. I think he's 37. He's either 37 or 36. Either fucking way, that's not really the point.

The point is that they are married, and live with his parents. Now, normally that would be a sweet thing. Like they live with his parents to take care of them or something. But that isn't the case. No. Not even close. BC has only lived on his own twice. Once when he was out of state for college. The second time was when he and his now wife moved in together. And prior to them moving in together he was living with his parents and she was living with her aunt.

They had a very expensive wedding while living with his parents. Why are they living there? Well, because apparently they think they can't afford to live on their own. They don't pay rent and only part of the utilities. Oh, I can only imagine the things I could do or buy if I didn't have to pay rent or only pay a portion of utilities.

Okay, I'm rambling I know. I'll cut to the chase. All of the above is true and his wife is constantly posting about how they are going out of town, or they just bought a new car, or he bought her expensive shoes or a new piece of jewelry.

Like I said, I'm not materialistic person. But I can't say that I don't wish we could afford to do more things or get more things that we both want. But we can't afford to. Ya know, we have bills to pay and other responsibilities that need to be taken care of. We get by. We're not poor or anything. But we can't afford things like going out of town all the time, or buying each other expensive presents.

If other people can afford it, that's fine. Good for you. I'm not jealous of stuff like that. It's when that's all people do with their money and skate by on everything else that it pisses me off. Hence the green eyed monster. What triggered this? His wife, yet again, posted about how they are going out of town all weekend.

Must be nice not to have to pay rent or a mortgage. It must be nice to just earn money and do whatever the hell you want with it aside from a couple of small bills and a car payment.

*sigh* I feel better now. I just needed to vent that I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment