May 3, 2013

Foggy

I didn't sleep for shit last night. Even though this work week has been especially rough on me and I've been passing out on the couch all week, for some reason last night I simply was not tired.

Well, I can't really say that. I was worn out. I was physically tired. But mentally for whatever reason I was wide awake. My brain didn't want to shut down and yet there was nothing spinning around in there. Normally when my mind won't shut down it's because I have thoughts, worries, stresses, etc. stuck on loop inside my head. That wasn't the case last night. It was just not wanting to fucking shut down and allow me to sleep. I don't think I actually fell asleep until almost 2am and even then it was more of that in and out of sleep feeling. I wouldn't fully drift off, but I wasn't fully awake either.

Regardless of the fact that I didn't get much sleep at all, I woke up full before my damn alarm even went off. As a result, I have been really foggy all day. I was fine to drive, obviously, and I did my job without a problem. But in general I just feel foggy headed and spaced the hell out. It's almost as if I can't fully concentrate unless it was on work. If I know I have a task that I must complete I can be very focused when I'm like this, but if I have nothing that I absolutely have to do I can't focus at all.

But at least this night has been, for the most part, relaxing. Master and I are enjoying one of my favorite shows on Netflix and I know I don't have to do a damn thing tomorrow, which makes me happy. After a week like this I need to have a day of nothing at all.

Well, nothing outside of taking the dog outside. I'm greatly looking forward to the down time with Master. I could use some cuddling.

No comments:

Post a Comment