May 15, 2013

Cook Out

This Saturday we are going down to visit Master's family. Well, His dad's side of the family anyway. They are a rather large group. Larger than we are used to anyway. It will be our first time down at His brother's house. So we're kind of nervous and excited about it. Why? Well, it seems that we are taking bigger and bigger steps with that side of the family, which is a great thing!

We've been invited our to lunch and dinner for a couple of years now. And then beginning last November we have been invited to more family functions. Birthdays and such and now a cook out. I think it's wonderful.

So, in order of age, aside from myself this is who will be there:

Master's dad
Master
Master's half-brother
Half-brother's wife
Master's half-sister #1
Master's half-sister #2
Master's half-sister #3
Master's niece
Master's nephew

We aren't too sure whether or not His dad's wife will be there or not. She does not like Master at all and so she tries not to be around us as much as possible. I'm pretty sure that my father-in-law's second wife will be there. She is the mother of half-brother and half-sister #1. And she's awesome! I really like her. My father-in-law's third and current wife is the mother of half-sister #2 and #3. Master's mom is never invited to such functions and never will be.

Although I will say that if we ever have an anniversary party or something along those lines where the whole family, His and mine, are invited it'll be really interesting to see how His mom reacts. I personally think it'll be hilarious. My brother has already met my father-in-law, my brother-in-law and the nephew. They got along great.

I'm excited because this is a big step. And all this means is that our relationship, and more importantly Master's relationship with that side of the family is growing stronger. That makes me extremely happy. And you can just tell that Master's dad is as pleased as punch that all of his children are getting along and getting to know one another better.

We have been messaging back and forth with all of those people to try and figure all of this out. Well today we finally decided who is bringing what. At first they said we didn't have to bring anything at all. I'm sure in the hell not about to go to their house for the first time for a cook out and not bring anything at all. So we offered to bring chips. It's simple but it's a cook out damn it. Plus, they had all the meats and what not covered.

I'm really looking forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment