May 1, 2013

My Best

I know that I am not the most personable individual in the world. In fact, nine times out of ten I just still to myself in a social situation. The only two exceptions to that are when it's a group of my family (in-laws included of course.. they are my family) or if I am somewhere with Master or a family member. I've always been like that. When I was going to school (elementary, jr. high, etc.) I had a clique of friends but that was it. I stuck with that small group of people.

But because of how I am, I take my family very seriously. I try to be the best relative I can be basically. If you are one of my close family members, I'll basically do anything I possibly can for you. The only people on my side of the family that I would put in that "close" family member list would be my father, my mother, my brother and my grandfather. Everyone else? That's pretty much when it's a case by case basis. With Master's family I take His queue. How I would normally react in a situation may not be how it works in His family. Everyone's family is different, and the last thing I want to do is step over the line without meaning to.

As far as Master goes, I think that's rather obvious. I would do anything for Him. I try to be the best wife I possibly can be. I may not always pull it off, but that's what I try to do.

I try to be the best wife, best daughter, and best sister. I'll go out of my way to help any of the people listed above. It's just how I am.

A good example happened tonight actually. My dad called trying to figure out something with his account so he can get together the money for the car he'll be going to pick up soon. He doesn't have a computer so he was calling me asking me for phone numbers and then calling me back to ask a question or two. He did apologize about all the phone calls. It was slightly irritating at first, but I know that this is very important to him and so I wanted to do anything I could to help him out. Thankfully we figured it all out and he was really happy and grateful.

It's kind of funny though because my brother lives 15 minutes from him, while I am 45 minutes away. He always calls me if he needs something. It's not that my brother wouldn't help him or anything. My brother would help in a heart beat. But my dad comes to me first. I don't know if it's because I'm the older one or what.. maybe because I'm more patient? Maybe I just explain things better. I have no idea. But it makes me smile in an odd way. It shows that my family trusts me and feel that they can come to me with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment