December 15, 2012

Date Day

Master and I had a date day of sorts today. It was really, really nice. We haven't gone on a date of any kind in a really long time. Our usual date used to be dinner and a movie. But these days the only time we actually go to a sit down restaurant is with family and there are absolutely no movies that have been out lately that we want to see in a theater. They are all movies we are more than willing to wait to see until they come out on DVD or are available for streaming on Netflix.

But we had a little extra cash this week than usual and so we decided to at least go out together and have a good time.

We don't do the normal present exchange for the holidays. We've done it in the past a few times but normally we'll just go out or we'll go to a store together and each pick out something we like. We don't do the whole "Your money" and "my money" type thing. It's all lumped together.

Today we did both.

First we went to a used book store that we honestly used to love going to. I know most people wouldn't think of going to a used book store as a date but we love just hanging out and having a good time. And for us, that includes going to a book store of some kind.

We had been disappointed in this used book store lately but we decided to give it another shot. Yeah... we're probably going to stop going there. They had absolutely nothing that we wanted and trust me, for us that's damn near unheard of in a bookstore.The customer service in that place has taken a nose dive too.

We were both disappointed when we left. So we decided to go to Barnes & Noble. It was right across the street after all, even though it's a serious pain in the ass to get across said street. But we were determined to get books damn it!

Side note: I did look into e-readers and decided it's not really for me. I'm a gadget girl and all that. I love me some tech toys. But books are really the only thing that I am really having a hard time letting go of. Especially with how I'm on a computer for 8+ hours a day at work and yes, I spend time on the computer at home reading blogs and all that. So for reading.. I'm going to stick to regular books for as long as I can. There is just something comforting about holding a book and using a bookmark and all that. I'm weird.

We went inside Barnes and Noble and they were pretty busy given it's the holiday season. But actually it made me happy to see that people besides Master and I still enjoying reading for the sake of reading and also think of books as good gifts. That trend unfortunately seems to be dying.

Master and I are going up and down the rows, showing each other books we come across to see if the other wants it. At one point I went a couple of rows down because I was looking for one particular author and Master wasn't done looking in the row we had been in.

I was slightly bent offer looking at the middle shelf when Master sneaked into the row and grabbed my ass. I jumped a little and started laughing. He was grinning and pulled me in for a quick hug. We did end up finding something for each of us. He got three paperback books that are a trilogy. He has only even read the first two books in the trilogy and we had sold those books a couple of years ago. He was very happy to have found all three.

I got a book by Neil Gaiman that I've never read before. It's called "Stardust". Master has read it before and didn't really like it but thought I would. He did warn me that it's not the normal Gaiman book. It's more fairy tale like than his usual writing. But He thought I might like it anyway as I do enjoy those kind of books from time to time. I also wanted a new bookmark. My old one was getting pretty ratty. Of course the bookmarks were right next to the check out line. So Master stood in the long line while I sprinted off to look at the bookmarks. I got an "Initial It" book mark. It has the initial of our last name as the top charm on a rope like bookmark. The charm at the bottom is a little red heart. It's perfect and I love it!

We were both really happy when we walked out of the store. Afterward we went out to dinner at a sit down restaurant, just the two of us. The one and only down side is that they were playing nothing but holiday music. I never really understood the point of a restaurant playing music anyway. After all most people talk while they eat, but whatever. We didn't let it ruin anything. We enjoyed our dinner and then headed home.

I know a lot of people wouldn't consider that a date day but we do. We both really enjoyed it. We need to do stuff like that more often honestly.

Also, Master did something really sweet that made a lot of people look at us funny. It was raining outside all day and we don't own umbrellas. But I'm a foot and three inches shorter than Him and He wears a leather trench coat. So He would have me walk right next to Him and use that side of His trench coat almost as a wing to keep me dry by holding it open and above my head. I found it incredibly sweet and yes, we did get some stares but we've never cared about that before and we're not about to start now.

All that's missing so far is great sex. I'm sure we'll take care of that part later on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment