December 27, 2012

Join the Age of Technology!

I have to make fun of my parents for a moment.

My mom, my brother, and I share a cell phone plan as it's cheaper for everyone involved. I remember when we first signed up we were talking about how many text messages we would need as a limit. My mom huffed about it. She didn't text at the time. But eventually she decided to try it.

I'll never forget the first time I got a text from my mom. I was at home and my text message alert went off. I picked it up and it said it was from Mom. I laughed my ass off because her text message said: "There I did it. Happy now?"

I called her and made fun of her a bit. But since then she texts like crazy. She's the one that decided to bump up the plan's text limit to unlimited text messages. Oh, and she sends picture messages too now. That was a few years ago.

My dad never had a cell phone until recently. But when his last girlfriend moved out he decided that having a prepaid cell phone was cheaper than having a house phone. So he got one. I had sent him a couple of very quick text messages in the past to let him know we're on our way or something but typically I only call him. And when I have sent him a text in the past he never responded and just either called me or waited for me to call him.

Guess what happened today! I've been doing that online auction thing for my dad and he'll call me up with shipping numbers after he ships an item. Today, he sent me a text saying he shipped two items and would call me later. I couldn't stop laughing when I read it. No, the text itself is not funny but my father texting is.

My dad is more of a caveman than my Husband is. My dad really has no idea what he's doing with a computer unless it's for store inventory or something like that. But you try getting him to send an e-mail or surf the web and he gets frustrated rather easily. He doesn't own a computer actually. When he did and I tried to show him a few things he decided he didn't like doing it and so never tried it again.

Now he is texting!

*rubs hands together like a villain in a cartoon TV show*

Oh and to add a cherry to the top of that sundae my mother called me all excited because she figured out how to put pictures onto a CD from her computer.

*wipes tear from eye*

I'm so proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment