December 21, 2012

Early Release

Today was actually a pretty damn good day. It didn't really start off that way. It started off with me going to scrap off the car and realizing that my car doors didn't want to open. Fuck me running. So I just continued to try. It took a really good couple of yanks before it finally opened. I was pulling so hard that when it did finally open I almost fell on my ass. So I finally get the car warmed up and scrapped off. After that the day went just fine.

I picked up the guy in my carpool and we headed to work. The roads were nice and clear and the ride to work was smooth. Well, that is until I got off the interstate and onto the main road that I have to take to get to my job. Three stop and go light sets were out. Of course each and everyone one of them were at major intersections that are always busy as hell in the morning. Surprisingly there were no cops trying to direct traffic so it was basically a four way stop all the way around. It took an extra 20 minutes to get to work. It's a good thing I had left early as I was still able to make it to work on time.

So I walk into the building only to find out that the power was out. Literally 98% of my job involves my work computer. I had gotten there about 7:50am. So I figure the power will come back eventually and I started doing my paper filing, which took a whopping 10 minutes to do. After that I had absolutely nothing to do as I couldn't turn on my computer.

The rest of the office was of course in the same boat. But today was the day I was supposed to get out at noon anyway so I figured if nothing else it'd be four hours of sitting around and talking with coworkers. Then the upper management all meet up and made a decision. At 9:30am they told everyone that had a half day, such as myself, could leave. Rock on!

So the guy in the carpool and I book before they can change their minds. I dropped him off and then decided to start my errands right away. I hit the bank, went shopping for the rest of the holiday presents (yes I know.. last minute shopper..) and some holiday cards. I dropped off everything at home really quick and then went to the pharmacy to get my prescription, stamps and oddly enough a new winter hat for myself. My old one was finally starting to get thin.

Even though my oil change appointment wasn't until 1pm they were able to squeeze me in at 11:30am. That took about a half hour. And then off to the pet store to get rabbit litter and dog treats.

I was finally able to go home for about a total of 25 minutes. Master and I had promised my father that we would come down for a visit and since I had gotten my entire weekend worth of errands done in a matter of a few hours I figured we might as well leave right away. It was a good visit and we ended up watching a movie while were down there.

I drove us home.. well... for part of it anyway. My shoulders had already been bothering me but that's nothing unusual. Then out of no where I got these jolts of electric pain shooting up from the middle of my back all the way up to my neck. It was a very odd sensation and not a good one in the least bit. Master told me to pull over into the next business parking lot and He would take over, which is exactly what I did. It took some coaxing as I was being stubborn but I knew that if I continued to push it would only get worse and I would have a pissed off Husband on my hands.

Master got us home after we picked up some take out dinner. Now I'm going to go take my bath and Master said He will work on my back shortly after I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment