December 6, 2012

Painful Day

It's amazing how something so minor can cause a flare up of my fibromyalgia this badly. Yesterday I fell like an idiot. It honestly wasn't even that bad. Most people would just say ow, maybe be sore for a little bit and that would be that.

Oh no, not me. No.. my body likes to make the pain last. And it's not even the fun kind of pain!

Yesterday my neck was absolutely killing me, all the way up to the base of my skull. Master was kind enough to work on it for me. It felt a hell of a lot better and by the time I went to bed last night I felt fine physically.

Then this morning rears it's head and my shoulders and upper arms are in a lot of pain. I could barely put my arm in my jacket without wincing. Add to that I had an extremely busy day at work which involved quite a bit more lifting and carrying than usual and it did not help one little bit.

When I got home Master saw the look on my face when I was carefully sliding my jacket off. He said that He would work on my shoulders later and hopefully that'll help my upper arms as well.

I'm three months shy of being 30 and I feel like this. The pain, and how long it lasts when it flares up, is just getting worse it seems as I get older. I shudder to think what it will feel like when I'm 40.

Yes, I know I could go to a doctor and all that jazz. I used to do that. I went for years. All they did was dope me up. They eventually stopped my physical therapy because no matter what it would always go back to the way that it was. They thought it was a waste of time. They were right to a degree. I mean after all I would only get half a day of feeling fine before my muscles would go back to the consistent levels of pain that they are always in.

I don't even feel the constant low levels of pain anymore normally. The only time it even really effects me is when I have my flare ups, like now. But even with that I do all my normal stuff. It'll just be worse if I don't.

I'm so glad that I have Master to take care of me. He'll wash my hair if my shoulders get so bad that I almost can't stand to lift my hands above my head. He'll work on my neck, my back, my shoulders. Hell there's been times where He even works on my legs. I know I would be in a lot more pain on a daily basis if He didn't help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment