December 29, 2012

Sock Monkey!

Still not feeling that great today. Still sinuses but it's making me cough a lot. Ew. Needless to say I've been popping sinus pills all day. It helps for the most part. I can breathe anyway.

But I still wanted to get some errands done. So while Master was in the shower I did a couple of errands and managed to find a new calendar that was only $2. I always wait until the last minute to buy a new one because I don't think I should have to pay $15 for something that is going to hang on my wall that I will be using to check off the dates so I know that I took my medications.

Well, as the afternoon went on my mother and I were talking on the phone and I had mentioned the fact that I had bought a calendar for only $2. She asked me to please go back to that store and pick up a couple for her as all the stores down by her are either out or are still at almost full price. So I told her I would do so later on today.

Master and I were already planning on going out to dinner and the store is right down the block. So before we went to the restaurant I stopped there again and nabbed two more calendars. As I was walking back up to the register to check out I saw something in the "impulse buy" end cap. I hate to say it but this time it actually worked on me. They had Maxx the Sock Monkey key chains for $1.50. I think sock monkeys are cute and I love stuffed animals anyway. I haven't added any to the collection lately because all they do is sit there on the headboard. But I figured, hey why the hell not. Plus Master is always telling me that I need to actually spend money on myself for a change. So I did. I spent $1.50 on myself and now I have a pink sock monkey key chain. It's huge for a key chain. My keys will never be lost again! I typically do not like the color pink at all but on this sock monkey key chain I think it looks cute.

When Master saw it He kind of shook His head and chuckled a little bit.

Dinner was a good time. We sat and talked while we ate. It was still snowing a little bit and it wasn't quite evening. So it was a laid back early dinner that included no holiday music. We were happy.

Now that we're home for the night there isn't a lot going on. I'm just trying to ignore that itchy feeling in the back of my throat and in my ears. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment