December 5, 2012

Fall Down Go Boom

I am a fucking klutz. No, seriously. This is a fact.

This morning proves it. I woke up at 5am just enough to realize that I had to use the bathroom. Yay for needing to pee an hour before your alarm goes off. Well, our bed is placed in such a way that my side of the bed is against the wall. There is literally no other way to place the bed because of the way our bedroom is shaped. No big deal. Whatever. So when I get out of bed and Master is sleeping next to me I have to scoot to the bottom of the bed and then stand up.

So I do that and start to walk around the bed to get to the bedroom door to head towards the bathroom. Yeah, it didn't go that smoothly.

We have a box fan in our bedroom. Well, it's actually in the shape of a circle and on a small stand so you can direct it anyway you want, but it's at the height of a typical box fan. Normally it's farther back so it's not even an issue. But the other day Master had pulled the fan out into the living room because believe it or not the apartment was actually getting a little warm. The heat in this place is weird.

When He put it back in the bedroom so we can have white noise, since we can't sleep without it, He didn't move it as far back as it normally sits. Since I was more than half asleep I didn't realize this. Also, it was dark as hell.

So what happens? I trip over the fan, my foot got partially stuck in between the fan itself and the stand it's on. I couldn't get my balance and it all happened so quickly. I ended up landing face first into the wall. After I face planted onto the wall I fell all the way down and ended up laying on the floor. I had scraped my elbow and my knee. The thud of my head on the wall was loud as hell to me. I just remember being dazed as hell as it was not a soft landing and I remember Master sitting bolt upright and saying my name over and over again.

I remember saying, "I'm okay," a few times but apparently I didn't do it very loudly because the next thing I know I'm sitting on the floor rubbing my forehead and Master is sitting on the floor right in front of me after turning on the bedroom light so He can see me. He checked me over and once He was sure I was actually
okay He allowed me to continue on my way to the bathroom.

When I very, very carefully got back into bed Master asked one more time if I was okay before we both drifted back off to sleep. At 6am my alarm went off and I felt a bit sore but other than that I felt fine.

As the day wore on though the pain in me neck got worse. I have fibromyalgia so sometimes when I hurt myself like that or something similar happens it amplifies it and it flares up. That's what happened today. It got to a point where I've felt sick to my stomach most of the day.

Master feels bad about the whole fan thing. He moved it up closer to the bed than He thought He did and He apologized quite a few times. It's just an accident. He moved something closer to the bed, I wasn't even half awake and couldn't see where I was going. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment