September 5, 2012

Tokens

I was reading FetLife earlier today and came across a thread basically asking what you would do with your collar if your relationship ended. It also asked who the collar should go to, the slave or the Master.

I commented on it, naturally.

For me it depends on the situation.

I currently do not wear my collar as it caused my metal allergy to act up and we don't feel the need to replace it. So now I just wear my wedding ring and cuff. Right now that collar, and my past collars, are kept in a safe place. I feel the need and desire to keep them as does Master.

So here are the different scenarios and how I would react to them.

If it was just the dynamic that we were dropping, but we remained married and in love I would keep the collars. To me it would be no different than keeping other things that we have gotten each other over the years or pictures. It happened. We're still together, it's just not something we are doing anymore. So I would want to keep them safe.

If the unthinkable were to happen and we had decided to get a divorce... well first off I would assume that the collar(s) would remain with Him. I'm not sure why but I see it differently than I do a wedding ring. I wouldn't assume He would get the wedding ring back but I would think that with the collar. I'm not really sure how to explain why though. I mean, they are both symbols of a commitment that is no longer held between the two of us, ya know? But as I said, that is how I see it.

Now, if He decided that He didn't want them and that He would rather that I take them with me, I would probably either tell Him to throw them out or I would just throw them out myself. If I'm not with Him, then I do not want them. The same would be true with the wedding ring. I wouldn't keep it. They are both symbols of our commitment to one another and that is now null and void so why would I want to hold onto it?

I know that some people keep their wedding/engagement rings after a divorce but I have never really understood why unless they are family heirlooms. That is about the only time that I can honestly understand it.

If He were to pass away I would keep it all. Every. Single. Piece. I would also continue to wear my wedding ring. I would say the same about the collar, but like I said I can't wear that now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment