September 7, 2012

Protect Yourself

Apparently there are some very creepy things going on over at my sister-in-law's house. My Husband's brother works a good half hour from home. I know that doesn't seem like a long time but they have two very young children. One is three and the other is almost a year old and they don't live in a really great part of town. It's not the ghetto or anything like that, it's just a little.... shifty.

The past few weeks some really creepy shit has been happening while my brother-in-law is at work. Just the other day she was sitting at home with their two little ones and some guy was sitting outside their place in his van for an extended period of time. She thought it odd but didn't really think too much of it. She had gone outside to get something, I think it was the mail, and suddenly this guy starts yelling at her and asking about some guy she doesn't know. She ran back in and locked the door and this dude was pounding on the door almost the minute she shut it. She called the cops and then her husband (my brother-in-law). The guy was gone before either of them got there.

Now he is really pushing for her to get her concealed carry license. He recently got his and has been trying to convince her that she should get one too. Why? Because you don't know when bad shit is going to happen. He wants her to be able to protect herself if he isn't there as well as their children. I don't blame him. It's one of those things that you hope you never have to use but if you do need to, at least you are able to do so.

I personally also want a concealed carry license. Master wants one too and wants me to get one. It is a really recent thing in this state. It just got passed this year that we can have one. The only problem is that when I try to look up the information on the internet there is a lot of places offering the classes but they are way out of the way. I want something closer to home. I also don't really know how much they cost, the class I mean. I also don't know the fee for applying for one.

I do not own a weapon but I want the license so that when I do decide to get one I already have the paperwork side of things covered.

When I heard all this crazy shit going on at their house though it brought it back to the forefront of my mind. It had been placed way back there for a while because there is just so much other shit going on right now. So I sent an e-mail to my brother-in-law to try and get some facts on all of this. I figure that since he already has his, he'll be able to tell me more about it. 

3 comments:

  1. I have a 9mm but not concealed permit. I want one and M wants me to have one but I struggle with the idea of accessibility for protection weighed out with inaccessibility to my kids. I have a trigger lock and have my gun behind a locked safe (for the kids safety) but a lot of good it does to pull it out quick for use...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely understandable. Is there a way you could lock it up until you decide to wear it out? I mean if it's holstered on you, you would have full control of it, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes if I did carry it would only be a holstered situation and my gun is small so I can conceal it easily. It would really be completely on my person much like when we go shooting. It is more a paranoia then anything I am sure. We have tried to educate my oldest about gun safety and even attempted to bring her shooting but she gets very worked up and nervous so I think her nervousness of even having a gun out of the safe is a part of my discomfort too. Once we get her more calm about it all, my anxiety will simmer enough to move forward. I hope anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete