September 3, 2012

Back to Reality

It's the last day of my four day weekend. It has been wonderful and relaxing for the most part. The only problem with having an extended period of time off of work is not so much having to go back, for me, as it is having to get up early.

When I am off work and we don't really have anything to do that day that can't be done later in the afternoon I do not set my alarm. Fuck that noise. As a result, I sleep in and enjoy being able to look at the clock if I wake up for a few minutes and realize that hey, I don't have to get up if I don't want to. If I look next to me and Master isn't awake yet either I just roll over and go back to bed.

This is why it's so hard for me to go back to work. Yes, getting up early in the morning is a pain in the ass and I hate it. I am in no way a morning person. But what sucks more is trying to go to bed at a half way decent time the night before. Yes, eventually Master will just tell me to go to bed. But that doesn't mean I fall asleep right away. I'll have my alarm set, the light in the bedroom is off and the bedroom door is closed so that none of the light from the living room sneaks it's way in... but I just can't fall asleep. I'll lay there tossing and turning trying to get into a comfortable enough position that I'll drift off to sleep but normally it just doesn't happen.

This has happened before where I have literally been in bed for three hours before I finally fall asleep. But I'm not disobeying Master. I'm in bed. I'm not trying to read a book or anything. But my body just will not shut off.

I'm hoping that tonight is not one of those nights. Normally I wouldn't be doing this post until about 9-9:30pm. It's a little before 8pm right now. I wanted to get my nightly stuff checked off my list as early as possible tonight so that I don't have to rush through them later and then feel like I didn't get any down time before bed.

Hopefully Master allows me to stay up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment