September 16, 2012

Taking Bribes Part II

Remember that bribe Master and I accepted from His mother? Well, today was the day we went down there to help out.

In the original "bargain" it was supposed to only be the living room and dining room. It didn't quite turn out that way. We started taping the edges and the windows and all that happy stuff. Once we were done we asked when we should start painting. That was when we were asked to tape off everything in the kitchen and the staircase. Um. Okay?

So we taped everything off and Master took off the railing on the staircase. It was going slower than we originally anticipated. His mother didn't help at all, which we figured. But we didn't think she was going to slow the whole process down by getting in everyone's way and constantly asking questions. Oh well. We worked around her.

We had lunch and then got back to work painting. Thankfully we didn't have to do the entire kitchen because they are tiling part of the wall. And my mother-in-law's husband didn't have everything he needed to paint the stair case. So we got out of that as well. But even with painting the living room, dining room and half the kitchen it was taking forever. Master and I were knocking it out but then Master would be asked to go do this, grab that, hold this.. you get the picture. It also didn't help that we only had one regular sized roller. So I got a regular paintbrush and a very tiny roller. Oh well, I made do. I did one full wall in the kitchen and everywhere else I painted as high as I could without a ladder and then Master came in and finished that up. I painted one whole wall in the dining room and I did have to stand on a chair for that. Master wasn't very happy about that but we were trying to knock it out so He didn't gripe too much. Oh, I also did all of the edging that I could possibly reach. It sucks being short sometimes but that's the great thing about my being short and Master being tall. He goes high and I go low. It goes quicker that way.

We were more than surprised to see what time it was when we were actually done. It was 6pm. We had gotten there at 10am. We honestly didn't think it was going to take that long. We were thinking that we would be out of there by 3pm. But because none of the prep work was done and none of the furniture had been moved we basically started from scratch and couldn't go as fast as we normally would have because of His mom and her husband moving slow as shit.

But you know what? I don't care. I mean it sucks that it's almost 9pm already and I have to work tomorrow but we're getting more than we thought we would out of the deal. We got one of the recliners tonight and brought it home. We threw Master's old one out first though. And now, since we are going down to my hometown to visit family on this upcoming Saturday we are swinging back at their place to do another pick up. They had offered us another rocking recliner but when we got home Master looked around and basically said we don't have enough room.

Our living room isn't small but it's oddly shaped. We have a computer desk, a large dog kennel, an entertainment center, a rocker recliner, a couch and an end table. That pretty much takes up most of the space. And there really isn't a way to rearrange the furniture to make room for the second rocker recliner. I was disappointed, I'll admit. I was hoping to have my own rocker recliner because I love them and haven't had one in a really long time. *sigh* I was hoping there was a way we could rearrange the furniture but apparently not.

But they also told us that because they are buying a brand new TV we can have the one they currently have. It's only a few years old and it's a really fucking nice TV. It's a 42inch flat screen TV! We still have a tube TV. Yes, I know.. we're way behind the times. So yes, I don't get my own recliner, which blows, but we are getting a huge upgrade of a TV! I can't really complain. So we'll be picking that up on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment