September 9, 2012

Taking Bribes

Master got an interesting e-mail last night. Not that long ago His mother had asked us to come down for a visit. We didn't really want to go so we used gas prices as an excuse basically.

Well, now she wants us to help her with something. (Nothing unusual there.) She sent Him an e-mail basically stating that she wants to repaint her living room and dining room and she wants us to help. We helped the first time. That was years ago. Master, my mother-in-law's husband and I painted both rooms while she was at work. It doesn't take long as her condo isn't all that big. Plus, I love painting. I really do.

Anyway, I guess she is sick of the colors. How surprising. I remember the first time we painted, she had picked out the colors but when she got home you could tell she didn't care for how it turned out. Not because of the job we had done but because she didn't like the how the colors turned out looking on her walls.

So why was this e-mail so interesting? She is bribing us. I think she caught onto the fact that we have gotten sick of helping them do shit and getting nothing in return in regards to favors. I know that probably sounds bad but we have done a lot of favors for her and have received none back.

What's the bribe? Well, if we help her paint we'll get $100 and two living room chairs. I know exactly what chairs too. Like I said, she has a small living room. She has a couch and two recliners. She is probably giving us those two recliners, which I can't bitch about. They are nice chairs. Whenever she decides to redecorate the furniture changes too. That's how we got the couch we currently have. We got the couch for painting the place the first time.

She doesn't like returning favors, so she bribes us instead. Not often. This is the second bribe we have received.

Master accepted the bribe and told her that either this upcoming Saturday or Sunday would be best for us. She responded stating that it would most likely be Saturday but she'll let us know for sure. We have no idea what time but it'll probably be early.

No comments:

Post a Comment