September 14, 2012

Busy Friday

It has been a long but really good day. Well, minus the whole going to work part. I had a half day at work today but the rest of the day was absolutely booked but in a good way.

About 15 minutes after I walked in the door from work we had to leave again. We went down to visit my father. I hadn't seen him in a little while. It was kind of weird realizing that he's living by himself. This is the first time in his 51 years that he has ever lived on his own. He went from his parents, to my mom, to a girlfriend, to another girlfriend.. and now it's just him. He actually seems to be enjoying it though. I was worried he'd be depressed or really down or something along those lines but he was actually in a really good mood. We stayed for about three hours. We would have stayed longer but we had dinner plans with Master's brother and his family.

The visit with my dad went really well though. It was like having my father bank. That may sound weird but for the past three years, about the time he started dating his most recent ex-girlfriend he had changed. He just wasn't himself. Now that she isn't in the picture he's back to being the dad I know. We sat around, talked, joked around and Dad busted out some pictures of when I was younger and some pictures of his past cars.

From my dad's we came home just long enough to take the dog out and feed him and we were right back out the door. Dinner was a lot of fun too.

It was Master, myself, His brother, His brother's wife and their two little ones. We just sat around and talked while we ate. The kids were behaving themselves so we got a lot more talking in than usual. It was good catching up with them.

Now we're home for the night. It was a great day, it really was but now my shoulders are screaming at me. I think it's because I've been running since 7am and I'm not used to being in a car that much in one day. It was a lot of driving and even though I wasn't always the one driving... it just all added up. Now I'm off to go take my shower. After that Master said He would work on my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment