September 19, 2012

The Tour

One thing that sucks about living a good 45 minutes away from family is trying to plan everything so that you can get them in one trip basically. I call it the Family Tour. It's just easier on the car and easier on the wallet, gas money wise. So basically what this Saturday was supposed to be was visit my mom, then my dad and then on the way back home stop at my mother-in-law's house to pick up the TV.

That, my friends, is a lot in one Saturday. But we were going to try to make it work. The deadline to get to my mother-in-law's house was 4pm. So that means shoving my mother and then my dad's visits in before 3:30pm so we'd still get to His mom's on time.

But, as I said, we wanted to make it work. We were going to go to my mother's, then my dad's and then be at His mom's by 4pm. But ya see, plans changed. My mother couldn't have us there until 2pm and my dad couldn't have us over until early afternoon. Yeah. So what? Thirty minutes a piece? That doesn't make any damn sense.

So I got home from work tonight and started talking to Master about it. Originally we were going to make next weekend the weekend to sit at home. But because of how this upcoming Saturday's plans were going... fuck that noise.

So I called my mom first to see if it would be okay to switch to next Saturday for her. She said yes, but we couldn't be there until 2pm. Okay fine. So then I called my dad and asked if we could switch him to next Saturday too. He said that wouldn't be a problem. Rock on.

Then I called my mother-in-law and asked her what time we can stop by this Saturday. She said 1pm. Awesome. So, all we have to do on Saturday is go to His mom's for a very short while, pick up our new-to-us TV, come home and get it all set up.

She may want us to stay and visit for a little while but we'll just tell her no thank you and lie saying we have other things to go do. I'm hoping to just pick up the TV and go. Lets hope it goes that way. This also means that we'll be back home by 2:30 at the latest (hopefully) and will be able to get the TV set up and relax the rest of the weekend.

*pants*

Okay... I think that's everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment