September 8, 2012

I Miss Being Scared

I know it's only the beginning of September but it seems as soon as the fall weather starts, even if it's only for a few days, I want to start watching horror movies. I blame this on my father. He is all about Halloween and I admit it is my favorite holiday, even though these days I can't/don't do a lot to celebrate it.

Today it feels a little bit like fall. I was looking all over Netflix for horror movies that we can stream. To be perfectly honest, nothing really looked like something I wanted to watch. Don't get me wrong, I have quite a few horror movie favorites but I've seen them so many times. The few things that popped into my head that I haven't seen in a while wasn't available for streaming. Fuck.

Then of course there are the horror movies I haven't seen. But I couldn't find anything that sounded interesting enough to sit through. I'm not into b-horror. There aren't any cult horror films that I would find interesting that I haven't watched to death. All the "new" horror movies either sound stupid as fuck, are remakes, prequels or sequels. Doesn't anyone have a good original idea left for a horror movie? We can't possibly have done it all already. Seriously?

Ugh. It also doesn't help that I haven't been actually scared by a horror movie since I was a 14. I'm serious. I may have jumped a couple times due to a loud noise or something but I haven't been scared. I have been grossed out though. That has happened.

But I miss the feeling of watching horror movies all night and then being scared to go into a dark room. Or going to bed and immediately thinking there is a serial killer in your room because the floor creaked. Seeing a shadow move across the room from your window and being freaked out by it. I miss it. A lot.

I guess you could say I'm a horror movie junkie. But not any horror movie will do. And some of the things labeled as horror these days are just ridiculous.

*sigh*

4 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this! I've been a horror junkie since I was little, and not much will scare me anymore...I always get my hopes up, only to be disappointed...It's been way too long since I was really *scared* by a movie...It sucks >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not alone on this! I think sometimes it's because I've become used to it. It's like nothing surprises me anymore. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like psychological thillers myself- most things now classified as "horror" seem all b-horror. :(

    ReplyDelete