May 31, 2011

The Day of Ups and Downs

Today has been up and down all damn day. I got up for work and had to remind myself that it was actually Tuesday, not Monday. Right now I'm really thankful that it it's a shorter work week.

First, the work shit. I get to work and ask to leave at 3pm so I can do to my consultation appointment with my dentist. The request is approved and nothing more is said. Then, on my extremely short lunch I get told by a coworker that because yesterday was a holiday if I leave early today I wouldn't get paid my holiday pay. The way I had read it it was if you didn't come in, not if you left early. So I go to HR and she confirms that if I leave early today I won't get paid holiday pay. I quickly explained that it is for a dentist appointment that I had to make last minute. She says fine, she'll talk to my supervisor and they'll make a "management decision"... So I get all stressed out about that and tell Master. He tries to keep me calm. About an hour later I get called back in the HR office and she tells me that I'll still get holiday pay as long as I can bring in a note from the dentist stating that I was actually there and that is why I had left work early. It reminds me of school. Seriously.

So okay fine. Master picks me up and we go to the dentist. The dentist gives me all the options, but saving that tooth is not one of them. So he goes through the whole list. All of them are expensive and painful. It's just varying degrees. I don't really want to go into what all needs to be done, or the options he gave. I'll just say that Master and I aren't making a decision tonight. We need to call the oral surgeon and figure out when they can get me in and how much it'll cost me because not only do I have to go by their schedule I need to schedule it around my work schedule and finances. I'm going to at least need one extra day off, which means burning a vacation day so I can stay home and take care of myself. I'd much rather save it for something fun. But this needs to be taken care of and there is no way Master is going to allow me to just keep putting it off.

So now, back to work shit. My supervisor had said he was hoping to get my review done this week. I seriously fucking doubt it at this point. We have a new girl in the department so he spent the day showing her around. Tomorrow and Thursday we have clients coming in so the whole place is going to be hectic as hell. Then Friday my supervisor leaves at noon. So yeah, some how I think it's going to be put off again.

*sigh*

But Master is making me smile and joking around with me even though I feel down. Not depressed, just down. Overwhelmed is another good word. It was just a lot to process today.

No comments:

Post a Comment