May 7, 2011

Wedding Ring

I got up before Master this morning and it's a while before the alarm goes off. I was trying to figure out something quiet to do while He sleeps. I still have to do dishes today but that would make quite a bit of noise since it involves some pots and pans. So for some reason I went through our wedding pictures. I know it's been four years since we've gotten married, but I love looking at those pictures. That day will always be very important to me, as I know it will always be very important to my Husband. Well, after I was done looking at our wedding pictures I decided to take a peek at our honeymoon pictures as well. I haven't looked at those in quite some time.

I would say that 95% of those pictures are of me either naked or in lingerie. But whenever my left hand is in the picture I see my wedding ring and I remember how it fascinated me. It was only the 2nd day it had been on my hand. And I remember how I couldn't stop looking at it, I couldn't stop spinning it around my finger. I knew from the moment that He put the ring on my finger at 3:30pm the day before that it would never be off my hand. Now while I may taken it off my finger in order to do dishes so it won't go down the drain, that is the longest it has been off my finger in the entire time of our marriage. As soon as they are done it goes right back on. There have been a few times that when I'm done with the dishes Master will pick up my wedding ring and smile as He puts it back on me. I would be frantic if I ever lost it. While I know we could buy me a new one, it would upset me in a way that I couldn't put into words.

Back to the honeymoon.. Master did some very creative photos over the course of those three days of our honeymoon. I remember how beautiful I felt, how we couldn't keep our hands off of each other. I remember how we would swim in the in-suite pool and cuddle on the bed while talking. I remember it all as if it were yesterday rather than four years ago. I don't think that will ever change, regardless of how many years pass.

I would like to put up some of my favorite pictures from our honeymoon. I'm sure I've done this in the past and there may be some "repeats" but I don't feel like digging through old posts. And who cares if they are repeats? They are wonderful pictures and take me back to one of the happiest times in our lives.

[gallery link="file" columns="4" orderby="title"]

They are beautiful photos if I do say so myself.

After four years of marriage my wedding ring has marked my finger. I'm not sure how else to describe it. In the rare occasions that it is off my finger the area where it sits is shiny and not as thick as the rest of my finger. This makes me smile. That may sound odd, but it does. It is a "mark" that I can see even when my ring is off.

My wedding ring may not be extremely detailed. It has no precious stones on it, but I love it. It is just the way I want it and I cherish it as I should. I like that it is simple. It is titanium with two grooves on it. Master's is the same. The significance of that, and honestly the main reason we picked out these particular rings, is that we got married on our fourth anniversary of being together. Two grooves on mine, two on His. On the inside of both of our rings it has the word "Mates" and our wedding anniversary engraved.

I do not have an engagement ring. I purposed to Him. He does however, in a way, have an engagement ring. Shortly after I purposed to Him I gave Him a ring that fits on His pinky. It has a Thunderbird (not the car) on each side and turquoise stones on top. He wears it on His left hand right next to our wedding ring. He loves that ring and I love seeing it on Him.

I could not imagine not being married to Him. I love Master so much and I am bound to Him in so many ways. I am His.

No comments:

Post a Comment