May 23, 2011

Fun At The Concert

My brother had purchased four concert tickets. One each for Master and myself. One for him and one for his friend. Well there was a lot of back and forth going on about the whole ride situation for my brother. The original plan was for me to pick him up, the three of us go to the concert and then he spends the night. This was before he bought an extra ticket for his friend.

So his friend said he wanted to go and that he would be my brother's ride up here. So my brother bought him a ticket.

Well Friday (the night before the concert) my brother calls me at 1:30 in the morning and he is pissed. Thankfully I was still awake or I'm sure I would have been pissed too. His friend had called and said he no longer wanted to go to the concert. This was after my brother had spent good money on his ticket. My brother had no one else who wanted to go, so he also didn't have a ride. I didn't have the gas to go get him either. I hadn't put as much in the gas tank because as of three weeks ago he had it all planned out.

My brother was really upset. He had spent all this money, he really wanted to go to the concert and he was pretty much fucked over at the last minute. So I told him to blow that guy's phone up. Call, text, whatever but get a hold of his ass and tell him that either he goes, or he gives my brother the money for the ticket so he can use part of that for gas.

My brother called me around 11am on Saturday to say that calling and texting hadn't been working so he had gone to this guy's house and pounded on the door until he answered. He said that he had to fork over the money for his ticket because he had cancelled last minute. The dude gave him no end of shit but my brother didn't back down either. So eventually my brother got the money for the ticket. He handed his friend the ticket and said that if he could find a way up he could use it. Apparently this guy's license was suspended so my brother wold have been driven to the concert by someone who legally shouldn't have been driving and he wouldn't have known until after the fact.

So I go down there and I picked up my brother. On the way back to my place we put gas in the car. When we got to the apartment we had time to kill so we ate dinner and joked around for a while. Then came concert time! We all piled in the car and headed on down.

We took a look at the merch booth because my brother said he wanted to peek at it. Master and I knew we didn't have the funds but were also interested to see what they had. So we stopped. Next thing we know my brother is asking Master which shirt He likes the best. Master gave him a weird look and my brother said, "No seriously. Which one?" So Master told him. My brother walks up there, gets the exact t-shirt Master had pointed out in Master's size, hands it to Him and says, "Happy early birthday."

My brother loves my Husband, and they have a great time hanging out. I'm very glad that they get along so well.

So off to the part of the building the concert was in! It was standing room only and the room was huge. I knew I wasn't going to be able to see much at all, but that didn't bother me. I just wanted the experience. The two opening bands go through their sets and they sucked. The three of us are yelling for them to get the hell off the stage.

Finally the main attraction! The music was amazing, we were all singing along and screaming and just having a blast. I was rocking out to the beat, my brother was pumping his fist in the air and Master was just having a blast as well.

We were all dripping with sweat when the concert was done and over with. I think we each must have lost like 5 lbs. We couldn't hear well, our throats were killing us but we were all grinning like fools.

We got back to our place and we all stayed up until about 3am. Master and I went to bed and my brother crashed out on the couch. I ended up waking up at 10:30am. Master got up shortly there after, so I woke up my brother. We were all sore and stiff. Standing on your feet for 4+ hours and rocking out like we were will do that to you. Especially with people pushing, shoving and attempting to start mosh pits.

We sat in the living room and talked for quite some time. Unfortunately it came time for me to take my brother home. So I take him home and on the ride back down there my brother just kept going on and on about what a great time he had and how much he loves just chilling at our place and spending the night. I told him he's welcome anytime and that Master always enjoys having him over as well. That made him smile. My brother has a lot of stress in his life right now, some of it self inflicted. Master and I have a lot of stress but all of that melted away while he was up here and at the concert. We just concentrated on having a good time and not allowing anything to interfere with that.

My brother said that he wants to try and come up about once a month to spend the night, I told him that was fine as long as everyone's schedules mesh.

I came back home and Master and I spent the day enjoying our time together. So thanks to my brother we had the most stress free weekend we've had in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment